Smoking Popes

Subnote, my friend is sending me a copy of the 7" from when Alkaline Trio and the Popes played together on New Years. She got it for me back then as a birthday gift but forgot to send it to me. All I have to do is send her an electric pencil sharpener as a return birthday gift.

DEAL OR WHAT?

That beats last years birthday present which was a Lawrence Arms setlist signed and dedicated to my birthday.

Hey if the setlist is written on as dedicated to you, i'd say that's a toss up!

Virgil, if you do think about this could you email me ([email protected]) I spoke with Mike a looong time ago, but he had interesting ideas about this.

-andy

PS-Benchwarmer I hope you enjoy the show on Tuesday, if you do checkout smokingpopes.net the site may not have the latest news, but the message board is where it's at!

Guest Admin

Man, I absolutely love the Popes. I always have and I always will. About doing vinyl, I would love to, but there are a few hurdles at least:

1. I have way too many projects going on currently to take on much more.

2. Since those popes albums came out on a major, it might get tricky getting the license to do this on vinyl.

3. I know there are a decent amount of popes fans, but I wonder if there are enough to sell through of a pressing.

that said, it would rule to hear those classic songs on vinyl.

Man, I absolutely love the Popes. I always have and I always will. About doing vinyl, I would love to, but there are a few hurdles at least:

1. I have way too many projects going on currently to take on much more.

2. Since those popes albums came out on a major, it might get tricky getting the license to do this on vinyl.

3. I know there are a decent amount of popes fans, but I wonder if there are enough to sell through of a pressing.

that said, it would rule to hear those classic songs on vinyl.

You could easily sell through a pressing of 200. Shit I'd by 5 just to hang around the house.

There was a 10" made for "I Know You Love Me" back in the '90s and it's on clear green; I remember finding a copy in August 2000 at some record store in Houston, Texas -- they literally had dozens of them for sale for $3.98 each. I should've bought more than one.

i found a couple at Ameoba for $2.99 a while back. i traded one with that stud grantgfr for sexual favors. i think i came out ahead with that trade.