Selling a Bootlegged record on ebay help

rtw88

Anyone ever done this before successfully. I've got a Led Zeppelin bootleg that fetches a pretty penny and want to sell it on ebay, but they seem pretty anal about taking down Zep bootlegs. Searches for 'Led Zeppelin bootleg' and 'Led Zeppelin Mudslide (the name of the bootleg)' yield no results.

Additionally, I was planning on putting a high buy it now price on it, but telling bidders to contact me through email if they want to discuss the item more, so I can avoid ebay fees.

Basically I just want to know if anyone has any insight as to how they catch people? For instance, I know a lot of people put TMOQ in bootleg listings because it was a big boot label. However, there are currently no Zep listings with that in it, so I was thinking maybe they search for that. Any help is appreciated.

gemm.com maybe...less of an auction site and more of a collector site, you might have better luck there.

Cool, has anyone ever sold over gemm before? There are no fees at all? Anyone know if it's easy to use? More suggestions welcome!

Edit: Just saw that Gemm takes 15% commission. Rape.

i tried to put 311 unity on ebay and it was removed after a day. it doesnt hurt to try, they just take it down.

just put really rare in the title or something, and don't anywhere use the word bootleg... maybe in the description put something lame like "if you're already looking at this then you know what kind of release it is" or something dumb like that. or maybe "not legitimate release" okay i'll stop.

gemm.com maybe...less of an auction site and more of a collector site, you might have better luck there.

Cool, has anyone ever sold over gemm before? There are no fees at all? Anyone know if it's easy to use? More suggestions welcome!

Edit: Just saw that Gemm takes 15% commission. Rape.

but i think the way gemm is set up is that you can easily sell records to people who contact you off the system...then just take the record down yourself...I've heard about a lot of people that do this.

i'll buy it

http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4706447573

It's this record, just to ballpark it. Although my copy only has the vinyl and not the jacket. If you're really interested you can go ahead and shoot me an offer and I'll get back to you after I get ebay offers and whatnot.