blaaaakkkeeeee (NOW WITH VIDEO!)

Hahaha. I was drunk and posting from a Blackberry. The keys are tiny and I was likely pressing five keys at once. I was also pretty giddy

Scott and Dan did a good job deciphering everything

Basically Blake Schwarzenbach was supposed to do a reading in brooklyn and a friend of mine and I went. Instead of reading he played a very brief acoustic set and my mind was fucking blown. I never expected to hear him sing last night. And then we got to meet him afterwards. I am a HUGE Blake fangirl so my life was pretty much made. Then we went to Jake's where I proceeded to imbibe enough alcohol to get me really drunk (doesn't take much).

And it has pretty much been the best weekend ever.

Hahaha. I was drunk and posting from a Blackberry. The keys are tiny and I was likely pressing five keys at once. I was also pretty giddy

Scott and Dan did a good job deciphering everything

Basically Blake Schwarzenbach was supposed to do a reading in brooklyn and a friend of mine and I went. Instead of reading he played a very brief acoustic set and my mind was fucking blown. I never expected to hear him sing last night. And then we got to meet him afterwards. I am a HUGE Blake fangirl so my life was pretty much made. Then we went to Jake's where I proceeded to imbibe enough alcohol to get me really drunk (doesn't take much).

And it has pretty much been the best weekend ever.

What songs did he play? JTB, Jawbreaker, Thorns Of Life, covers??

Three songs. They were deff not JTB or Jawbreaker. I am not certain if they were Thorns of Life songs.not sure about the first one. The second song he played was about losing his virginity. The third one was one he wrote for his nephew and I recorded it on my phone. I will attempt to upload when I get back to Philly.

He told us the Thorns of Life plan to record in March and shows should follow. He was incredibly sweet to us.

Three songs. They were deff not JTB or Jawbreaker. I am not certain if they were Thorns of Life songs.not sure about the first one. The second song he played was about losing his virginity. The third one was one he wrote for his nephew and I recorded it on my phone. I will attempt to upload when I get back to Philly.

He told us the Thorns of Life plan to record in March and shows should follow. He was incredibly sweet to us.

The second song sounds like that Thorns Of Life song he introduced saying almost the exact same thing.

The second song sounds like that Thorns Of Life song he introduced saying almost the exact same thing.

Ah well then it was most likely the same song then. I need to find the USB cord for my phone so I can upload the video. Too late to do that now. I need sleep but seriously it was awesome. I totally didn't expect him to play music so it was a nice surprise. A good time was had by all.

Guest genericinsight

I went and saw a Staten Island pop punk band who haven't played a show in 10 years on Saturday night. I had fun.

Now you all have something else to make fun of me about.

I like how you had such a fucked up post....but still managed to go back and edit it....lol

LOL sarcasm. If I did that, the rest of the thread wouldn't make sense. I don't think it matters much anyways. You can kinda get the gist of the thread with Scott's translation.

I bumped this because there's a video of this online now. It makes me happy. I love Blake :)