PO: ALKALINE TRIO "Goddamnit" re-release LP clear

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

ALKALINE TRIO "Goddamnit" re-release LP clear vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/AM-god-clr

I know what you are thinking, great another pressing of an Alkaline Trio record. I know I know. But this is a very small pressing out of 297. And this is a great record. Not sure why Mike has been doing these smaller pressings, but here you go.

great another pressing of an Alkaline Trio record.

Not sure why Mike has been doing these smaller pressings

because he knows that if he presses a small amount that the collectors will buy it no matter what. money grabber.

both asian man and cobraside/vagrant have ruined collecting this band. they have made it more a task then fun. partly the reason im stopping collecting. too many people are trying to take advantage. no thanks.

if the demand is there, it's gonna be supplied. it's a great record and everybody deserves the chance to own it. just because this is like the 13th color or something (i don't know if it is) doesn't mean that you have to buy it.
clearly he's not after money here. it's the same reason RAR keeps getting repressed.

not for the 10 people collecting stupid variants but for the existing people who want to buy this album that don't have it.

Well said.

if the demand is there, it's gonna be supplied. it's a great record and everybody deserves the chance to own it. just because this is like the 13th color or something (i don't know if it is) doesn't mean that you have to buy it.

Very well said.

thanks virgil, purchased my 100th copy of this great rekkid lol. Are these in or any ETA when they might be shipped?

Not true. This is a false demand that is supply driven. He knows that there will be 50-100 bought just because they are repressed.

These are still readily available. There is no need to repress at this point.

Agreed.

There is absolutely zero demand for a repress of this record. This record can easily be purchased for its original retail price. If there was such a 'high demand' for this, they would be going for big money on ebay.

If there was such a demand, why not press 1000 copies on clear? Because they wouldnt sell, thats why. They are pressed in such small quantities because Asian Man is simply relying on the collectors who will buy every variation of every AK3 record.

yeah, huge demand for this record

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alkaline-Trio-Goddam....3%3A2|2 94%3A50

i see where you guys are coming from. it's tricky though, because if people are willing to buy it, it's gonna be made. that's how i see it. it's up to the collector where to draw the line. the previous represses of this have been plentiful, so maybe that explains the low quantity of this one.

and goddamnit is one of asian man's most successful releases (sales-wise. i dont know this for sure, i'm just guessing), so why not go crazy with it?

i see where you guys are coming from. it's tricky though, because if people are willing to buy it, it's gonna be made.

I dont think that willing is the correct wording. I believe that collectors feel obligated to buy it.

If collectors already have all of the previous variations, its common sense that they are going to continue to buy every variation in the future.

i see where you guys are coming from. it's tricky though, because if people are willing to buy it, it's gonna be made.

I dont think that willing is the correct wording. I believe that collectors feel obligated to buy it.

If collectors already have all of the previous variations, its common sense that they are going to continue to buy every variation in the future.

Oh common, that's not Mike @ Asian Man's job to look after. I'm a collector and feel no obligation to buy this. I own 10 copies, all the first press colors, I'm good. Some people are like me. Its people decision on how they spend your money. Still no clue why so many people are up-in-arms about record labels making money or how other spend their cash.

this is the point i'm at. i don't need any more copies to listen to. i have 14 already. but i can't stop buying them because if i don't buy it now and it sells out, then 3 or 5 or 10 years down the road when i realize i do want it i don't want to have to dish out $50 for it. my collection is complete of this album, i'm not going to let one new press screw that up. it's getting old, though, that's for sure.

and this is my favorite record of all time, too. it's not like i don't want to support the band or the label. i just feel like there are other ways it can be done.

i think for every new pressing there should be new material that comes with it. not songs, necessarily (although demo versions would be AWESOME) but rare pictures or photocopies of hand-written lyrics sheets, or stories about the record release show/tour they played in support of this album... those would all be things that would make me MORE than happy to buy a new pressing.

but just because it's on clear wax /297? it's just getting lame, that's all i'm saying. but i guess it's my fault because i still buy it every time, so why wouldn't he keep pressing it? it's a catch 22.

This is why I like Fat Wreck's stance on vinyl. They press a few hundred on colored vinyl with the first pressing, then everything else is on black(sans "Searching for a former", but that was just one other pressing). Then, a few years down the road, they do a color pressing and then everything else is pressed on black again. Simple. Succinct. Easy. That said, I have three copies of this record, and I love the record, but I still think that three is way to much.

it's all a personal choice.

personally, this may be the first time I buy a copy.

I would definitely recommend owning one. Fantastic album, just too many have been pressed lol.

I personally dont see what the big drama is here. Sure it sucks to buy 10-15 copies of any record but no one is making you buy it. Mike Park does some great work so I am fine giving him my money and this band whom I love so very dearly. I dont want to; but I will. ::)

this is the point i'm at. i don't need any more copies to listen to. i have 14 already. but i can't stop buying them because if i don't buy it now and it sells out, then 3 or 5 or 10 years down the road when i realize i do want it i don't want to have to dish out $50 for it. my collection is complete of this album, i'm not going to let one new press screw that up. it's getting old, though, that's for sure.

and this is my favorite record of all time, too. it's not like i don't want to support the band or the label. i just feel like there are other ways it can be done.

i think for every new pressing there should be new material that comes with it. not songs, necessarily (although demo versions would be AWESOME) but rare pictures or photocopies of hand-written lyrics sheets, or stories about the record release show/tour they played in support of this album... those would all be things that would make me MORE than happy to buy a new pressing.

but just because it's on clear wax /297? it's just getting lame, that's all i'm saying. but i guess it's my fault because i still buy it every time, so why wouldn't he keep pressing it? it's a catch 22.

100% on everything he said. and guilty as charged.