What do you use to clean your records?

zerog

This will sound like some audiophile-wank comment, but honestly; if you have a system that really, really sounds good and you have a decent amount of cash invested in it, a machine is so fucking worth the coin. Cleaned correctly, vinyl will sound so much better than you could imagine... up there with putting a nice quality cartridge on yr TT.

After I cleaned mine for the first time, I could not stop listening to these LPs I had listened to for years cos they sounded like a totally different pressing. Honest.

A brush doesn't really clean records, it just dusts them off - it can't get oils, mildew or mould release residues out of the grooves. All of which seriously degrade the sound. There are a lot of indie record stores that will clean your LPs for a decent cost - I'd definitely suggest trying that out before dropping the coin on a machine, just so you know yr not buying hype.

Interesting thread on using wood glue to remove dust and dirt from records that have already been cleaned but still sound bad.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99837

Basically the wood glue solidifies into one piece and after 6-12 hours of drying it is brittle and breaks/peels off.

I've seen this before and am way too afraid to actually try it.

Guest drahtuos
Swiffer duster, if they are really dirty water does the trick. Make sure that shit is dry efore you sleeve or listen to it.

the swiffer part is backed. i don't let water touch my records though i'm too scared of it. i'm good if most of the dust is off the record and swiffer duster does the trick. also i make sure every record i own is in a plastic outer sleeve and the inner sleeve the record is in is turned upside with in the jacket. least amount of exposure to the air means less dustyness to worry about ;)

Swiffer duster, if they are really dirty water does the trick. Make sure that shit is dry efore you sleeve or listen to it.

the swiffer part is backed. i don't let water touch my records though i'm too scared of it. i'm good if most of the dust is off the record and swiffer duster does the trick. also i make sure every record i own is in a plastic outer sleeve and the inner sleeve the record is in is turned upside with in the jacket. least amount of exposure to the air means less dustyness to worry about ;)

what is the water going to do? So long as you make sure that shit is dry you've got no worries.