Cold medicine recommendations?

thomas

My cold does not seem to have gotten any better since yesterday, and when I called off work yesterday my boss hinted that he really needed me to come in today. I have not had a cold like this for quite a few years, but I feel really weak, really dizzy and my throat kills. Anyone recommend something I should try to see if it dulls the systems a bit so I can make it into work?

your boss sounds like a dick. you're sick, stay in. tell him it's contagious, and it burns when you pee.

and most of the meds that are sold behind the counter are the best ones/ones that kick in fast.

also, gargle with warm salt water. it'll make your throat feel 100% better. that, or gargle with 100 proof vodka (it also works great and kills bacteria, your choice if you want to swallow it.....TWSS.)

My boss is actually like the nicest guy in the world. He probably gave one or two people the night off, and was probably hoping I'd work until midnight.

I just took some Tylenol cold and sinus stuff, so hopefully it works somewhat since a new symptom just popped up; stuffy ears and head. I can barely hear now, and still can barely talk from my sore throat. Talking on the phone for 8 hours tonight will be fun.

Edit: I bought a huge bag of mints, because I remember my old doctor telling me that throat drops are a rip off and sucking on hard candy works just as well and is a ton cheaper.