Set sale Jawbreaker and Lifetime posters

thedavidescapeplan

just got this today. I thought this was an actual print or an actual poster? it's just a digital printout from a copier. not stoked.

what's the quality like? i had a pm from him regarding this issue but i didn't know they were made like that. i couldn't give a shit as long as the quality is good and they look decent.

i got mine, and thought the same thing (about it being a computer printout).. but it could've been the way they were made by tupelo/communion.

if not, $14ppd for a $2-3 kinkos print out is lame. does anyone have a known original of this?

i do.. aarondanger can verify.

the copy you received is just that. a copy.. it's not a original. the original was on matte finish paper with a heavier stock. i got 3 of them as filler from dr strange records when i ordered my record back in the day. So i know for fact that mine is original.

i got mine, and thought the same thing (about it being a computer printout).. but it could've been the way they were made by tupelo/communion.

if not, $14ppd for a $2-3 kinkos print out is lame. does anyone have a known original of this?

i do.. aarondanger can verify.

the copy you received is just that. a copy.. it's not a original. the original was on matte finish paper with a heavier stock. i got 3 of them as filler from dr strange records when i ordered my record back in the day. So i know for fact that mine is original.

This guy is the authority on jawbreaker.

Listen to him!

I wanted one of these but I won't pay $14 for a copy.

I filed a claim with paypal.. hopeful, I know, but maybe it will work. If anyone else is going to do the same, I can give you my complaint # so you can reference it and maybe get your money back.

with that being said, if anyone is interested in the artwork only, I may be able to make copies at Kinko's and sell them for cost.

have you asked him for a refund yet - before making a paypal claim? the dude may happily refund you. also, he may refund you $10 and sell you each poster for $4 or something. just a thought.

what the guy did seems pretty dodgy but in fairness to him, before i sent payment, he did message me explaining everything. he still should have made this clear in the first post, though.

what the guy did seems pretty dodgy but in fairness to him, before i sent payment, he did message me explaining everything. he still should have made this clear in the first post, though.

I did not message him, because frankly, I don't want to hear any excuses. These weren't just "lying around" - he took orders and filled them.

I would have paid a few bucks for a copy, but at no point did he say "oh, by the way, I'm charging $14 for a scanned copy". that shit is wack, and this mack ain't having that.

I did not message him, because frankly, I don't want to hear any excuses. These weren't just "lying around" - he took orders and filled them.

I would have paid a few bucks for a copy, but at no point did he say "oh, by the way, I'm charging $14 for a scanned copy". that shit is wack, and this mack ain't having that.

i agree with you but why not ask him for a refund first? if he apologises and sorts you your money back then great. if not, go for the claimage.

i agree with you but why not ask him for a refund first? if he apologises and sorts you your money back then great. if not, go for the claimage.

I guess I figured I'd just file my claim as soon as possible, with the institution that has the most pull in giving my money back. plus, maybe he'd apologize for selling a (now) clear fake, but somehow I doubt it.

there was no mistake made, it was a deliberate attempt at selling fakes, and he succeeded.

I'll message him for shits and giggles though.

edit (his response via paypal):

Item was described as a Jawbreaker poster and that was what was sent. However, will issue a full refund if item is returned.

I'm hesitant to send this back and hope for a refund.. I mean I'd rather have the poster and be out $14 than be out a poster plus the money.

the poster is pretty on the mark as far as color, but the paper is way too thin..

i have a buddy that can make pro giclees at his shop and has a drum scanner so i was gonna take mine so i could get mine scanned and redone... putting the original back and actually framing the copy.

yea, koukas right. the guy said he had extras, but he did oblige everyone that wanted one and he did the same on the DF board.. which is pretty dodgy. oh well. i'm not gonna bother getting my money back. it's too little to bother with.

aaron, remind me when you come to austin, for me to give you the photocopy i have.. it's all yours. you can at least frame it...