Going Back to School

divaface

It really is hard work doing it all by yourself. Even though I went to college right out of high school, my guidance counselor was so incompetent that I ended up doing everything myself too. Where are you going to be going to school?

I'm trying to apply to Temple but the application is due Sunday and I still have no clue how to find/send in my old SAT scores. It's a huge pain in the ass. I will probably end up in CCP for a semester or two if that doesn't work out.

I don't know how far back you can get your scores from, but this is the official SAT site and I did mine doing the online thingy (it's been so long I forget specifics) but this should help:

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/scores.html

i could do this but my wife already did.........ha

man i never took my sat or act in school. probably should have.

i waited until the very last minute, literally. it was the last test i could take before i applied to college (january of my senior year) and i didn't even sign up. i went early the morning of, and they happened to have a few extra spots. i was totally unprepared but at least i took them.

I don't know how far back you can get your scores from, but this is the official SAT site and I did mine doing the online thingy (it's been so long I forget specifics) but this should help:

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/scores.html

yeah i tried to do that but they need some kind of pin number that i don't have. my mom lost the paper copy of my test scores (i know?) so i have an email out to the collegeboard people to see if they can help me out. the whole thing is a clusterfuck aha.

Guest smccown13

I'm 24 and still haven't gone to school. I'm really starting to regret it and I'm going next fall. I'm just REALLY scared I'm getting too old to make something of myself. I'm really starting to get tired of waiting tables.

my boyfriend's doing this.

well, he graduated in 06 and then went to wyotech for automotive stuff and was a tech for awhile, making good money and crap but hated his job and the kind of people he worked with.

so he decided to go back to school, haha. taking classes at community college for a couple semesters then applying to a 'real' school.

so you're not alone!

if you actually live in a dorm they'll just bug you to be an RA cuz you're older.

Yeah. I think I'm just going to go to a community. Now to figure out what I wanna do!

in retrospect i should have done this. save a crapload of money.

when i graduated from h.s. i was all smarty smarty 'im too good for community college'.

i now realize the error in my ways.

well, he graduated in 06 and then went to wyotech for automotive stuff and was a tech for awhile, making good money and crap but hated his job and the kind of people he worked with.

so he decided to go back to school, haha. taking classes at community college for a couple semesters then applying to a 'real' school.

so you're not alone!

if you actually live in a dorm they'll just bug you to be an RA cuz you're older.

key word is 06..............

so you're not alone!

eh, there were a lot of 'older' students in my classes, i.e. students not in the range of 18 - 22

in fact, i liked a lot of them better than the kids my age.

eh, there were a lot of 'older' students in my classes, i.e. students not in the range of 18 - 22

im just saying its hard to go back to school after you have been out for 10+ years. specially when you have been at your job for a while. two years out you are still wet behind the ears.

im just saying its hard to go back to school after you have been out for 10+ years. specially when you have been at your job for a while. two years out you are still wet behind the ears.

oh, i definately can see where it would be hard.

i think it would be worth your while though! i'm all for bettering yourself through education. it's really admirable, especially when people go back when theyre older to do it, i think.

i think it would be worth your while though! i'm all for bettering yourself through education. it's really admirable, especially when people go back when theyre older to do it, i think.

im doing it for the chicks

im doing it for the chicks

that too! haha