Going Back to School

divaface

key word is 06..............

eh, there were a lot of 'older' students in my classes, i.e. students not in the range of 18 - 22

in fact, i liked a lot of them better than the kids my age.

Though they are nice people, to me older students are annoying. they ask questions for every single sentence a professor utters, and it just sets the lecture behind.

I'm 24 and still haven't gone to school. I'm really starting to regret it and I'm going next fall. I'm just REALLY scared I'm getting too old to make something of myself. I'm really starting to get tired of waiting tables.

This is pretty much the same thing I did. I graduated High School in 2000 went to a "Real" college for about a semester and decided I didn't want to go to school. I went back last year at the age of 25 and I was worried about being too old as well. Going to a Community College the first couple of years is easily the best way to go. One of the good things for me though is I got a bit of a baby face so most people have no clue I am 26. Good Luck though you wont regret it in the long run

Brian

eh, there were a lot of 'older' students in my classes, i.e. students not in the range of 18 - 22

in fact, i liked a lot of them better than the kids my age.

Though they are nice people, to me older students are annoying. they ask questions for every single sentence a professor utters, and it just sets the lecture behind.

glad i'm not alone when it comes to that. in my archaeology class i had a single mom in her mid 40's in my class. she raised her hand to answer every question and in turn she always had some sort of question to ask. she would try to have mini one on one conversations with the professor in the middle of class too. she also refused to turn off her cell phone because it might be her kid and she might be hurt, in danger, etc. it would ring at least once per class and it was not once her kid. she brought her daughter into class on 2 separate occasions too. she didn't give her anything to occupy herself with so she caused multiple disturbances.

i have nothing against single moms but there is such a thing as vibrate and don't bring your kid in with you and just let them sit there and do nothing. you can't expect an eight year old kid to sit through an hour and 30 minute class without getting bored. give the kid a coloring book or something. thats it for my venting.