the mail is driving me nuts!!!

Guest genericinsight
It all depends on your route -- if you have a door-to-door mailman, then regular mail and packages are almost always done in two separate trips. If you have a drive-by mailman, then you'll get everything at once.

We have a door to door mailperson (I say person cause we sometimes have mail-ladies on this route, and sometimes its a man) on my block and they vary. Sometimes I get everything at once, other times we get mail and packages separately. I guess it depends on what's easier for the mailman to do that day. Today I got two packages of vinyl with the rest of the mail tied to them with rubber bands.

regarding the Gaslight pre-orders, I'm guessing Sabot hasn't shipped out ANY of them, not just the vinyl. My friend who's kind of my neighbor as well (he lives 6 blocks from me), ordered the CD version of Senor and the Queen and hasn't gotten his pre order either. I wouldn't doubt that he and I will get ours at basically the same time.

I've got me one of them make everything fit in the mailbox mailmen...

On top of that he usually doesn't get off his drunk ass and derliver the mail til 6pm and when we complain we don't get mail for a week...

And I say drunk ass cause I've seen him sitting in a bar near my house @ 2 in the afternoon...

I think I'm the only one here with any restraint...I've got 1 7" on the way...granted I paid 45 bones for it...but its still only 1 package...

I'd imagine once I move ill be getting more though...

• 1 month later...

I work for the post office (not a carrier) and I get boxes of records almost every single day.

I make sure to tip them well. Seriously. I've given my carrier(s) Starbucks cards, Gift certs for See's Chocolate etc...

I feel bad for the amount of weight I make them carry on some days...

ALWAYS keep the mailman and the cook happy.