TP/PO: MOCK ORANGE "Captain Love" LP + 7"

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

I don't plan to go back and forth with everyone on the message board about this, but I will explain this just a bit more.

We love the album so at one point, we decided to see if the band and label might be interested in licensing us the album. They said yes. We were stoked. Before we moved forward though, we made a post that asked, hey, who would be into picking up captain love on vinyl if we put it out. To our surprise we had over 150 people that responded in the affirmative and we felt like we had a pretty good chance of recouping our investment by putting out this album on vinyl.

We posted the pre-order before we put this album into production (we will never ever do that again) and the response was really lackluster. The first week, we sold 10 copies. 1 year later, we have pre-ordered 53 copies.

Since this is an LP plus 7", it is a much bigger investment than just doing an LP and because we have had some tough financial times over the past year, the decision to release the vinyl by our bands that are touring and are much more active has become a bigger priority. I agree with everyone on the planet that might say well, you should have never posted the preorder. I realize I made a bad decision moving forward. I have learned a lot from that and some other mistakes i have made.

I will get this album out. I love this album and what might happen is that we might just put out 100 copies and that's it. I will make sure everyone who pre-ordered it gets a copy. I don't feel as bad at how long this has taken since we did refund everyone who pre-ordered the record.

that is all I will add on the message board. If you pre-ordered the record and want to vent your frustrations, email me. If you didn't pre-order the record and want to explain what I should and shouldn't have done, post your thoughts anywhere you want.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virgil,

All sounds fair enough, in a way it's very understandable.

i sent you an email about this earlier this week. i was wondering if you guys would be able to get me my coupon code resend (i hope they where unique, i never used it because it somehow got lost in my mailbox) so i'll use it in the store and if possible i'd like to have those records shipped with the records that i ordered with the pre-order. would love to see my Co-Op copy and GUK reissue.

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We posted the pre-order before we put this album into production (we will never ever do that again) and the response was really lackluster. The first week, we sold 10 copies. 1 year later, we have pre-ordered 53 copies.

The band is terrible.

I went and saw them because all these people were acting like justin bieber fans about them and they were just awful.

People are wondering why this record isn't pressed?

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear...only a few years in the making...I just want to make sure I get mine since I wasn't around to get the e-mails about the delays and credits that were handed out. I also sent Virgil about 3-4 e-mails about it, no dice...plus, I used to work with Mock Orange...what a shame :-(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...