ISIS - 5/25 update: USA tour and more...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the show last night was so good. i was kind of surprised by how many people were there judging by the crowds some shows here have had lately. pelican was real good even though their set was much different than what i expected them to play but damn those two new songs sounded great live.

isis was really amazing. all the new tracks sounded incredible and celestial for their encore was nuts. the only thing that sucked is someone broke the bass players pedals or something near the end of celestial, i dont know if they would have played another song after that but i definitely would have been fine with it.

as far as merch goes i thought it was kind of lacking. isis had a ton of cd's but not much vinyl and i'm pretty sure they didn't have any copies at all of wavering radiant. pelican had all their cd's and a decent amount of vinyl but no champions of sound 7" that someone on DF said they had. both bands had around 4 tshirts designs but they were running out of sizes so that kind of sucked since i couldn't get the design i wanted. oh and prints; they were selling the derek hess print for the ohio and michigan dates and one other print i think for dates in massachusetts. i was really hoping they would have the majority of the other prints but oh well i guess i'll have to order online or something

the show last night was so good. i was kind of surprised by how many people were there judging by the crowds some shows here have had lately. pelican was real good even though their set was much different than what i expected them to play but damn those two new songs sounded great live.

isis was really amazing. all the new tracks sounded incredible and celestial for their encore was nuts. the only thing that sucked is someone broke the bass players pedals or something near the end of celestial, i dont know if they would have played another song after that but i definitely would have been fine with it.

as far as merch goes i thought it was kind of lacking. isis had a ton of cd's but not much vinyl and i'm pretty sure they didn't have any copies at all of wavering radiant. pelican had all their cd's and a decent amount of vinyl but no champions of sound 7" that someone on DF said they had. both bands had around 4 tshirts designs but they were running out of sizes so that kind of sucked since i couldn't get the design i wanted. oh and prints; they were selling the derek hess print for the ohio and michigan dates and one other print i think for dates in massachusetts. i was really hoping they would have the majority of the other prints but oh well i guess i'll have to order online or something

Pelican definitely had the champions of sound in boston, as well as the new EP in a tour only CD version which to my knowledge doesnt exist anywhere else

Isis seemed fine tonight. Although I thought they were kind of boring.

Pelican destroyed it. So good live. Little bummed they didn't play Drought, but I kind of expected that to happen. But they didn't even play Lost In The Headlights. Super bummer.

The Earth cover was incredible though. That kind of made up for it.

Guest kevinb
I heard Aaron was piiiiiissed off after the Cleveland show -- like, stormed off after the encore, went back to the dressing room and trashed it. Dunno what he was angry about.
maybe the mosh pit the kiddies started at the end? I thought they put on an awesome show though.

I dont think any of them spoke a single word till after their set

and after the encore, I thought that was kinda odd.

I thought pelican was pretty good but man that last song just went on & on.

not digging that keebler elf band or whatever the fuck they were called, but they had a good drummer

It didnt help the show sarted an hour an a half late

This was posted over at SwarmRelocation in regards to the Cleveland show:

"Well, the show was great but all the drunk assholes were not.

During the Pelican set one guy was so drunk he was just pushing everyone and showering everone with beer. Everyone was getting pissed but luckily he was thrown out before he got his ass beaten.

Me and my girlfriend were up front enjoying Isis, and then things got a little rowdy. The whole left side got pushed onto the stage, momentarily fucking up Micheal's and Jeff's pedals. My girlfriend's knee was scratched up pretty bad, but she's a trooper. Everything was fine until Celestial. My girlfriend was getting knocked around, but we made it to the back thanks to a random guy blocking the pit for us. Thank you!

Now, I'm not normally one to complain about moshing. Celestial is heavy and I was expecting it. But when the band stops playing the song half way through (with Aaron ending it by simply saying "And....we're done."), you know it has gotten bad.

Besides the mishaps, it was still a great show. My girlfriend still had a good time and she loved Pelican. To Isis, my apologies about the crowd, but what are you going to do.

In the words of the security guard: "Who are these people and why do we give them alcohol?"

The Kasner prints look awesome........in terms of rowdy crowds kinda weird I know the musics is heavy but New York always brings assholes and stupid kids who like to "bring the mosh" and everyone was really cool and just watched, enjoyed, and rocked out in there own way. I am kind of surprised to here a story about such a crazy crown at a show like this but I guess it happens.

This was posted over at SwarmRelocation in regards to the Cleveland show:

"Well, the show was great but all the drunk assholes were not.

During the Pelican set one guy was so drunk he was just pushing everyone and showering everone with beer. Everyone was getting pissed but luckily he was thrown out before he got his ass beaten.

Me and my girlfriend were up front enjoying Isis, and then things got a little rowdy. The whole left side got pushed onto the stage, momentarily fucking up Micheal's and Jeff's pedals. My girlfriend's knee was scratched up pretty bad, but she's a trooper. Everything was fine until Celestial. My girlfriend was getting knocked around, but we made it to the back thanks to a random guy blocking the pit for us. Thank you!

Now, I'm not normally one to complain about moshing. Celestial is heavy and I was expecting it. But when the band stops playing the song half way through (with Aaron ending it by simply saying "And....we're done."), you know it has gotten bad.

Besides the mishaps, it was still a great show. My girlfriend still had a good time and she loved Pelican. To Isis, my apologies about the crowd, but what are you going to do.

In the words of the security guard: "Who are these people and why do we give them alcohol?"

a lot of people after the show (including myself) were pretty sure they were pissed because of the broken pedal board. if they really did stop because of the pit then all i can say is what the fuck? how could a band as heavy as isis expect to not have a crazy fucking show. i'll say that the crowd was more calm than i expected and it was definitely far from the craziness of some crowds i've seen in cleveland.

as for the kid that wrote out that little review or whatever it sounds like he's never been to a show before. there's always gonna be drunk assholes and if you and your girl don't want to be knocked around stand in the back. if you're gonna complain about that kind of stuff just stay home and watch a dvd of the band or something

Guest kevinb

I guarantee that is from the kid that got hit with the can of beer.

I watched them bickering and egging each other on the whole time until that old dude kicked the kid out.

This guy that booted the kid out ha ha

[image]

• 2 weeks later...