Skateboarding help

Guest errolwest

By the looks of it, 10 minutes.

The park is in a TINY little village in the middle of nowhere. I think the quality of graffiti represents the locals quite well.

[image]

Great little park though, it hardly gets used because of it's location. You can go there sometimes and be the only ones there for the whole day. It has a great view too because it's on a huge hill overlooking miles of countryside. Many romantic nights spent their with sweaty men with their decks out. :-*

You have to think about the sliding surface as the coping of a ramp, or the lip of a wave. It's all in how you would be landing if you were reentering transition. So in this case, you'd be coming off backside. See? If you were moving toward your back, you'd come off frontside. I know it's a little confusing.

That's a backside noseslide. Please don't argue with me on this.

For real? I always used to get so confused with f/s and b/s grinds. Actually I think I get it for grinds, but I'm lost with slides. It was a frontside 90 into it though.

I still get f/s and b/s confused so much. I'm gonna get it down one of these days, not that I'm doing rails and stuff yet. I'm still no good.

That's a backside noseslide. Please don't argue with me on this.

For real? I always used to get so confused with f/s and b/s grinds. Actually I think I get it for grinds, but I'm lost with slides. It was a frontside 90 into it though.

Knees facing away from coping/lip = backside

Knees facing towards coping/lip = frontside

thats how I always established it

Knees facing away from coping/lip = backside

Knees facing towards coping/lip = frontside

thats how I always established it

That's all good and well unless you are sliding parallel to the coping. Then you have to revert to my surfing analogy.

the only time i tried to skateboard, i stood on it, it went out from under me, i fell and landed on my right elbow, broke it, and had a cast from my wrist to my shoulder for 3.5 weeks.

so.....thus ended my illustrious skateboarding career!

is this when youre lustrious career in skin flute playing began?

when one door closes, another opens.