sooo... is this a dick move ?

Guest kevinb

Fact of the matter is, you need to expect things to not always go your way.

Seems everyone is being a bit childish about it, no?

Ask yourself this:

Who's the bigger man -- the one that can take things in stride and walk away with dignity from a bad situation, or the one that stoops down to the level of others to "teach them all a lesson".

As much as people are concerned with "Karma" on this board, you'd think a question as such wouldn't even arise.

Don't smite yourself in real life, dude.

yes, it's a dick move. but you're doing it to be a dick cuz they've been bastards to you, right?

just make sure you're screwing over the people that have been shitty to you, rather than just a set of new people that aren't really related to that..

I had a response typed out, but it was pretty much exactly like this. Do this.

Guest kevinb
i dont think they even give him enough hours for there to be any slack to pick up.

I wouldnt be screwing anybody over but the company for a paycheck, my boss even admited she wont learn the job because its too much of a hastle and he dosent want to learn it.

Yep thats the thing and also, the main reason I am doing this is because i've gone from almost full time worker to a backup plan if someone dosent feel like coming in or call's off. They refuse to lay me off and cant fire me unless i damage a shitload of haz material.... I guess i could just quit but at same time I am so damn sick of tollerating them, I am on call all week all day long yet i work maybe 1 hour a week..... In the end i dont think I could do it cause I know it's not moraly right, and also i've never quit a job before and that would be a hell of a way to quit. I guess I was just entertaining the idea

Sounds like you aren't a very good employee.

Maybe you get the hours you get because you don't do a very good job. Have you asked them for an honest performance review? Not trying to be a dick, but a lot of times the employees who think they are awesome really aren't. I can't count how many "come to jesus" talks I have had with employees who really think they are the perfect employee.

Guest kevinb

I know I am not "perfect" but I get my job done, and dont slack off, never once called off with in an entire year, always 10-15 minutes early, and always keep my self occupied & trying to get as much as I can done.... My boss's just want someone to go above & beyond Like for example they want you to accomplish two things at once and it isnt possible.... I work as hard as I can, but am I going to go above & beyond ? fuck no im not i will continue to do my job the best I can but no way in hell am I doing any more than the normal stuff, yeah i will help people if needed and give a hand,come in when someone calls off last minute, beyond that fuck no.

Not only that but like I said my other boss plain out said the only reason she isnt learning to be a "biller" is because she dosent feel like it, and it's a pain in the ass that is her exact words.

I guess now more or less my quarell is that I dont want to even do it and they are forcing me into it...