UK record Stores

Punker Bunker in Brighton is pretty sick, you'll find it down the Laines, just ask someone to direct you, most people know where it is. You have to walk through this tiny clothes shop and then down some narrow, steep, creaking wooden stairs to get there, it's pretty cool.

Sister Ray in London is pretty cool too, you can find it near Soho.

Punker Bunker in Brighton is pretty sick, you'll find it down the Laines, just ask someone to direct you, most people know where it is. You have to walk through this tiny clothes shop and then down some narrow, steep, creaking wooden stairs to get there, it's pretty cool.

Sister Ray in London is pretty cool too, you can find it near Soho.

Or slap bang in the middle of soho, whatever ; )

i live in oxford and there USED to be a couple of good record stores but now the ONLY store is HMV and their vinyl 'section' is an old calendar rack and if you want the new U2 or bloc party picture disc, then you are sorted! otherwise, it's a trip to banbury, witney, london or, possibly, abingdon- bummer

i live in oxford and there USED to be a couple of good record stores but now the ONLY store is HMV and their vinyl 'section' is an old calendar rack and if you want the new U2 or bloc party picture disc, then you are sorted! otherwise, it's a trip to banbury, witney, london or, possibly, abingdon- bummer

I suspected as much.

Anyway, if someone wants to hang out/go record shopping Sunday afternoon in London, or better yet hook up a professional with a place to stay (hurry, I'll book a hotel soonish), PM!

Sitting at a cafe in Oxford right now. Staying away from the HMV for sure.

Went to All Ages, awesome store for the small space but I didn't see enough big ticket items that made me want to deal with flying them back home.

Ran out of time to go to Rough Trade and score dirt cheap Rugger Bugger titles.

if you'd come a year ago to oxford, you'd have found an amazing second hand record store but, alas, rent rises forced it to close despite hanging in there for a while longer than it oughta have

also, there is an ok record fair on the first saturday of every month in the town hall- it never has anything new, but plenty of old stuff to trawl through for a couple of hours

but i guess you're flying back to the states, so this is a moot point!

i work round the corner from HMV, went in there yesterday but didn't find anything i liked. You should go to sister ray, it's on Berwick st, one of the streets leading away from Oxford St on the opposite side from HMV

Is Sister Ray still going ? I read a report somewhere saying it was closing ....shame if it has , i used to love that shop :)