TP/PO: AUSTIN LUCAS/ THE TAKERS split 7" frosty bl

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

AUSTIN LUCAS/ THE TAKERS split 7" frosty blue vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/SH141-7

I absolutely love where we are at with the label these days. We have what I consider to be some of the greatest new voices in Americana and our artists not only tour together, but in the case of the Austin Lucas with the Takers 7", they also record together. Soon after Austin finished recording his modern day masterpiece, "Somebody Loves You", he flew down to Florida to see family, play a few shows, and hang out with friends. During these days, he hooked up with Suburban Home's newest band, the Takers, to record 4 songs at Crescendo Studios (the same session Austin recorded his Under the Influence track, "To Daddy"). The Takers, for those of you who don't know, are Suburban Home's Outlaw Country band. The Takers call Gainesville, Florida home, have members of Whiskey and Co, and after having put out an incredible debut 7", have recently finished recording their debut album for us. The 4 song 7" finds Austin performing on the Takers' tracks and the Takers performing on Austin's tracks and the session might fool you into thinking that the guys have been playing together for years. There are 2 covers and 2 originals.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Things are suspisciously quiet on this one. NOTHING in Virgil's latest update.... really wish someone would let us know what the hell is going on! Last time I get a PO from VC...

Seriously buddy, relax a bit. Clearly there is a problem getting them made, i'm sure they're working on it, and you can listen to the tunes on the website.

Two really good acts doing stuff together is totally worth waiting for.