Dogfish 120 min. IPA

Guest afsdan

Guest afsdan

I sprung for one of these finally. Decided to crack it while I'm working this morning. Holy shit, it's so fucking SWEET.

By sweet, I mean literally...holy sweetness. I thought it'd be bitter as hell, but this is like drinking sugar. Maybe I shoulda aged it.

Guest afsdan
Nectar of the God of Hops.

PS - That's how it tastes - you don't need to "age" it. Dry hopping will do that to a beer.

I like dry hopped beers, but the alchohol content is 20%, so some aging might broaden its flavor profile. pretty one-dimensional right now.

Guest afsdan
I'm a big fan of IPA beers and have contemplated trying this a few times but always end up getting something different.

except for the massive hop brewing process, I wouldn't call this an IPA at all. not bitter, not refreshing. probably closer to barley wine.

I drink the 60 more than anything, though I really do love the 90... The 120, for me, starts out great. I could drink the first half of a 120 over and over again. The second half is a little painful. It tastes too alcohol-y. The only Dogfish that I haven't liked is the Festina Peche. I couldn't even finish one so I let my girl try it thinking maybe she'd dig on it because of the sweetness and she couldn't get through one either.