Paint It Black / Philly Record Release ROLL CALL

hopefully going to the Providence show. no advanced tickets though, and we'll be driving down from Boston, so who knows.

Just get there early enough and you should be good - AS220 shows are slow to fill up. It's a cool space so, even if yr there before the band, there is usually art to look at and nice folks to talk to.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll definitely give you a play by play.

I'm still debating attempting to take photos. I always get leery of bringing my camera to a Philly PIB show. I have gotten good shots of them in the past though when the crowd was less chaotic. Also there's a small chance I will already be intoxicated. Heh.

ATTENTION ANYONE GOING TO THE PHILLY SHOW TOP SERIOUS IMPORTANT NEWS! SHOW LOCATION HAS CHANGED.

The show location is being moved from one Church to another church. They're moving the show here:

Broad St Ministries

315 S Broad Street (Between Pine and Spruce on Broad St - Next To Univ of Arts

Philadelphia, PA

Just thought youse all would like to know.

And if you're staying at my place this actually works better for you because it's like a block away from my apartment and there's a parking garage right there too.

It's on Broad and Pine st. I'm not sure how much the garage costs (garages are pretty spendy in general) since I don't have a car. But there's tons of garages along Broad st and all of their rates are pretty close. I'd say that's your best bet because there really isn't any other parking on Broad.

As for the venue, I've been there once before. I'd say it's about the same size (maybe a little bigger) than the First Unitarian's basement. And it probably won't be as hot since it's not down in a basement (if they have the show in the same room I saw the show when I was there).

HOLY SHIT

Show was amaziiiinnnggggggg. I got to meet Kurtz (who is fucking awesome and I hope he doesn't think I was completely obnoxious and/or creepy heh) and Mattstrike who I will proceed to drink with later tonight. I got nickheitman and markbutlerftw crashing at my place. Lia/divaface is also gonna be hanging too. Good night.

Opening bands were eh except for Ceremony who fucking destroyed.

And Paint It Black....it goes without saying that they put on a hell of a show.

SETLIST:

Salem

Past Tense, Future Perfect

Exit Wounds

Ledge

Amnesia

Womb Envy

Nicaragua

CVA

Cipher

So Much Honor Among Thieves

We Will Not

Pink Slip

Bliss

Cannibal

Atticus Finch

Memorial Day

HOLY SHIT

Show was amaziiiinnnggggggg. I got to meet Kurtz (who is fucking awesome and I hope he doesn't think I was completely obnoxious and/or creepy heh) and Mattstrike who I will proceed to drink with later tonight. I got nickheitman and markbutlerftw crashing at my place. Lia/divaface is also gonna be hanging too. Good night.

Opening bands were eh except for Ceremony who fucking destroyed.

And Paint It Black....it goes without saying that they put on a hell of a show.

SETLIST:

Salem

Past Tense, Future Perfect

Exit Wounds

Ledge

Amnesia

Womb Envy

Nicaragua

CVA

Cipher

So Much Honor Among Thieves

We Will Not

Pink Slip

Bliss

Cannibal

Atticus Finch

Memorial Day

This post is entirely too sober.

Good times at the show. It was great hanging out with Nicole and Mattstrike and also meeting nickheitman, markbutlerftw and divaface! Paint it Black and Ceremony were both amazing!

so my download code I got from the show last isn't registering on the B9 site, is this happening for anyone else that went?

Apparantly the code is case sensitive. They should have put a note about that on the card.

show was nuts every band ruled. Title fight played an amazing set, Their new stuff is awesome don't sleep on it. Props to nicole and her floor ;D Went to the long island show the next night but hit mad traffic and got there late but snuck in to see PIB and Ceremony. The show was run by 50 year old mustachioed fat guys who sucked and there was no stage diving. It was funny watching their faces when Dan Yemin started talking about homophobia and war and creationism.