City of Ships "Look What God Did To Us"(PICTURES!)

Pre-Order went up today in our webstore:

www.soundstudyrecordings.com/shop

$12

Pre-Order includes: Your choice of colored vinyl LP with digital download card, A limited, hand numbered screen printed poster and a City of Ships Coozie. Plus, the day you pre-order we'll send you a digital copy of the record. No waiting!

This record rules, I'm so stoked to be a part of it. I highly suggest you check out City of Ships if you haven't yet. One of the new jams from this record can be heard on their myspace page: www.myspace.com/cityofships

Pre-order will be up here at VC very soon as well. The good folks here will also be hosting a test pressing contest.

“The group's frenetic energy and obvious emotional stake in the music which they play is simultaneously impressive and inspiring.” – Scenepointblank.com

“Amidst the ocean of droney post-rock, post-hardcore clones, there are only a couple bands that catch my attention. City of Ships had me hooked from beginning to end.” - Razorcake

Thanks Matt! Ordering!

When's the Averkiou pre-order going up dude?

The Averkiou vinyl is supposed to ship to us today... We aren't doing a pre-order, but we'll start selling them as soon as we have them. Hopefully we'll have them for sale this time next week!

Thanks to everyone picking up this pre-order!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give a heads up that these records are shipping to us on Monday, so we will have them hopefully the end of the week next week. So, if you pre-prdered it won't be too long until you have your copy.

Also once we have the record in stock the pre-order package deal goes away, so if you want to pick it up with the free screen print poster and City of Ships coozie you only have a few days left to do it.

If you haven't heard this awesome record yet, you can stream the whole thing thanks to Virgil and VC at

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2009/06/17/streamshare-city-of-ships-lp-averkiou-7-sound-study-recordings/

• 3 weeks later...

The vinyl is expected to be delivered to us tomorrow or Thursday (it took slightly longer than originally expected). The screened posters are done and being numbered/singed by the artist, coozies are here.

So, we are expecting to start shipping pre-order packages on Monday (July 13)

I have not seen these yet, but the band got their copies last week on tour in Europe and said they look amazing. Jackets are a matte finish with a spot UV gloss, a full color 4-panel gate-fold insert, download card and pretty sweet colored vinyl. Also, keep in mind if you have not picked this up that on Monday when we start shipping pre-orders the pre-order package including the screen printed poster, coozie and free immediate digital download for $12 will go away.

Sweeet!

Got these in today! They look amazing. We shipped as many of the pre-orders that we could get packed up between the time the records arrived and the post office closed. Unfortunately I am headed out of town for a wedding this weekend tonight, but the remaining pre-orders will be packed and shipped on Monday as planned.

Again, I am no photographer but, and I don't think you can appreciate how awesome these came out without holding it in your hand but, Check it out!!

[image][image]

It's hard to get the spot UV gloss to show up in a picture, but you can kind of see it here.

[image]

For those of you who pre-ordered, this is what the screen-printed poster and coozie look like. The poster art was done my Sean Maschino who did the art for the album. Sean singed and numbered each poster.

[image]