Father's day...

Guest kissthesharks

It sucks that so many people seem to have strained relationships with their fathers. I don't think I would have noticed this except for the fact that I'm a dad now. If my daughter ever stopped talking to me, I'd be crushed.

I got my dad a leatherman multi-tool and an LED flashlight. My daughter (via my wife) got me a trip for later this summer, some good beers, and a Johnny cash record. I'm out getting tattooed today.

It sucks that so many people seem to have strained relationships with their fathers. I don't think I would have noticed this except for the fact that I'm a dad now. If my daughter ever stopped talking to me, I'd be crushed.

Exactly what I grew up believing. But what happens when the tables are turned and the dad stops talking to the son? I can't ever imagine doing that to my future children.

I hear you, and I agree 100% that it works both ways.

I don't have much of a relationship with my own dad so I just called him but it was my fiance's first father's day and I wanted to make it extra special for him

Sydney and I made a big sign for him that says happy 1st father’s day with her foot and hand prints all over it and hung it from the mantle, Sydney signed her own card for him (as much as she can holding a marker at 4 months ;) ), I got him a frame with multiple pictures of Sydney in it and her hand print for his desk at work, we went out to lunch at Longhorn, and I made him this picture…

[image]

I based it off of this one

[image]

I didn't have any money so my grandfather and my dad got phone calls from me. They would never expect me to get them anything anyways. I really wanted to go home and see them, but I can't take days off of work until July.

It was very bittersweet because as nice as it was to talk to them, it just makes me all the more homesick. I'm fairly certain my mom told my dad about the talk she and I had in regards to my depression and general unhappiness with life. He gave me a huge pep talk. Maybe that was a gift within itself. He really loves doing that kind of stuff. Pretty much after he hung up I spent a good ten minutes crying because I miss him.

You know if you and your dad don't get a divorce before you marry Emily, then you're committing bigamy. Unless that's legal in Tennessee. I dunno.

Em and I's counseling. If you finish it its 60 bucks off your licence.

Really? That's cool. Here, they just waive the mandatory three-day waiting period. The license is still $90.

my dad retired early and is living in the philippines now. i gave him a call this afternoon, but it was already like 3AM the next day over there. i went to a family get together and saw my grandpa. he's still awesome. he watched my cousin and i play mario party.

btw, fuck mario party. that game hates me.