Anxiety Meds?

My whole family suffers from depression and anxiety. I just recently found out everyone except me and my father are going to therapists and taking meds for it. I think my life would be entirely different if i didnt stay awake every night worrying about my family dying, or my house burning down, or something happening to my nieces. Id also like to be able to make a decision once in a while without it being a big deal.

That's how I am now too. I've always been a bit of a worrier, but once I started having anxiety problems it blew up pretty bad. I worry about everything, mostly hypochondriac type stuff, but I also worry about dumb things like my car breaking down or someone breaking in my house or weird stuff like that. I've also started to get really strange with driving, like I'm always afraid people are watching me or I am scared I hit something when I didn't. The human mind is an amazing thing, and it sucks that I'm losing to it since I can't overcome my anxiety.

I've recently become very anxious with leaving the house. Normally I'm very social and easy to talk to but for some reason I get a little freaked out about going anywhere lately. It started a few months ago and has just been building. Now it's impossible for me to just fall asleep unless im drunk or totally exhausted. I sit up and just think about all kinds of fucked up shit.

it's gotten to the point in the last 6 months that I don't think I can handle having kids. My nieces have me up worrying every night. It doesnt help that the one just sort of points her head in a direction and runs straight at whatever shes aimed at. She spent fathers day in the ER because she fell really really hard on her head on the driveway, got cleared and then hit herself the next day in the same spot. As soon as I hear either of them cry I go into panic mode like it's the end of the world. ugh.

Yeah, when mine first started I couldn't leave the house. It was pretty bad. I was that way for about 6 or 7 months until I started learning to deal with it better. I can function now, but no where near the level I used to. I still can't drive more then 10-15 miles without freaking out and having a panic attack. I haven't driven on the highway during the day in about 2 years, in fear that I'll get stuck in a traffic jam and have to sit in the same spot without being able to escape for a long time. At night I can drive further and on the highway, probably because there is not nearly as many people out and I know if I have an attack I can pull over anywhere.