ATTN Virgil (Smiths repress content)

Will VC be carrying the new 180g represses of the first 4 LPs by The Smiths?

"Re-issues of four classic studio albums 'Meat Is Murder', 'The Smiths', 'Strangeways, Here We Come' and 'The Queen Is Dead'.

Each features newly re-mastered audio by Frank Arkwright (overseen by Johnny Marr, no less) and the original sleeves, labels and original inner bags, pressed on high-quality 180 gram vinyl.

In addition, each comes with a unique redemption code enabling you to download the complete album as MP3 files.

Released 6th July 2009."

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/homeSearch.jsp?Artist=The%20Smiths&Title=&Label=&whereFrom=home

why reissuing these???? they are not to find at all!

Agreed, I find these every time I go to a record show for about half the price of these reissues.

You seriously have to ask yourself this question?!?

The band wants their releases back in print on vinyl, as they know they can make a quick $$$ by doing so. Also, they don't get any money from a used record purchased at a record show. All of The Smiths records you see new at the stores are bootlegs. I think it's cool they want to reissue them, since the last reissues were 10" records.

Agreed, I find these every time I go to a record show for about half the price of these reissues.

I think it's cool they want to reissue them, since the last reissues were 10" records.

You think it's COOL?

You think it's cool to put more records out that already are everywhere, just so that the most greedy dudes (Morrissey and Marr) can make an extra buck on top of their huge pile of green? My god you are a weird boy!

The US pressing of "The Queen is Dead" sounds has a lot of sibilance. The UK pressing sounds great, but is tough to find in the states. Perhaps this will address that issue. Though I don't want a reissue anyway, but maybe to those who don't mind, this is a good thing. And the original pressings are all on 125 gram vinyl... But the term remastering scares me, it usually means MAKE LOUDER. So I dunno... It's cool that it will be on vinyl again for those that want to pick them up.

Guest Admin
Will VC be carrying the new 180g represses of the first 4 LPs by The Smiths?

"Re-issues of four classic studio albums 'Meat Is Murder', 'The Smiths', 'Strangeways, Here We Come' and 'The Queen Is Dead'.

Each features newly re-mastered audio by Frank Arkwright (overseen by Johnny Marr, no less) and the original sleeves, labels and original inner bags, pressed on high-quality 180 gram vinyl.

In addition, each comes with a unique redemption code enabling you to download the complete album as MP3 files.

Released 6th July 2009."

http://www.recordstore.co.uk/homeSearch.jsp?Artist=The%20Smiths&Title=&Label=&whereFrom=home

yes, we will have all of these. I might be posting our pre-orders today.

I don't see the big deal with the reissues. If you don't want them, don't buy them.

Agreed 100%!!

Id say most of the time its the record label that just represses the vinyl and the artists dont have much of a say about it when it comes to majors. I highly doubt Morrissey is sitting at home and thinking of ways to rip off his fans and make a quick buck.

I think it's cool they want to reissue them, since the last reissues were 10" records.

You think it's COOL?

You think it's cool to put more records out that already are everywhere, just so that the most greedy dudes (Morrissey and Marr) can make an extra buck on top of their huge pile of green? My god you are a weird boy!

I would hardly call these records everywhere. Smiths records are hard to find, although when a normal US pressing shows up, it's not all that expensive. I worked at record stores for 4 years, and when Smiths record showed up, they lasted a day or two before being snatched up. I buy records because I like the way they sound, so when someone decides to release audiophile pressings of some of my favorite records, I think it's cool. I also collect records (hence I post on this board), but I'm a bigger fan of someone having the music they like at a reasonable price, instead of paying $$$ on eBay. I don't know how I'm weird, but it appears we just won't see eye to eye on this one.

You think it's COOL?

I would hardly call these records everywhere. Smiths records are hard to find, although when a normal US pressing shows up, it's not all that expensive. I worked at record stores for 4 years, and when Smiths record showed up, they lasted a day or two before being snatched up. I buy records because I like the way they sound, so when someone decides to release audiophile pressings of some of my favorite records, I think it's cool. I also collect records (hence I post on this board), but I'm a bigger fan of someone having the music they like at a reasonable price, instead of paying $$$ on eBay. I don't know how I'm weird, but it appears we just won't see eye to eye on this one.

and that's cool...

Work at a record store and we have loads of Smiths record. and none of them is priced higher than $20