Anybody from Madison, WI?

I grew up about 25mins South of there. It's a cool town. Good to eat? There's plenty of good restaurants around the capitol square/state street area (if it hasn't all been replaced by chains). State Street also has a lot of record shops. High Noon Saloon gets pretty good shows. Unfortunately, Madison isn't on most bands tour routes.

Hey man!! I lived in Madison for the first 18 years of my life. Technically I still do, I just go to school in Chicago.

I don't know about any Vegan restaurants, but I'm sure there are plenty on State Street.

As far as record shops, B-Side (on State Street) is a pretty decent place for indie-type stuff. Also, Strictly Discs (1900 Monroe Street) is where I usually go. There are some awesome people there. And they have a massive used record selection in their basement. Just ask to take a look at it at the counter, and they'll take you down there.

For shows, most lesser-known bands play at High Noon, the Orpheum, and the Barrymore. Some smaller bands also play at the Majestic.

I really wanted to go to the Suburban Home tour at High Noon, but, alas, I am not 21. Uncool.

Where have you taken up residence, my friend? I assume downtownish. I myself am on the west side. Represent.