Classics Of Love EP Asian Man

A few things -

This Classics Of Love record is easily top 3 of the year so far. It's short to the point distinct, achieves and incorporates all creative forces of Jesse Michaels. So thank you for Classics of Love, and thank you Jesse, and please, I'm one fan that would go very ape for a full length Classics Of Love record. This EP was terrific!!

Next -

I don't have a printer, not only that, but if I did, I wouldn't have the nice sleek-substance paper that record inserts lyrics/pictures are usually printed on. So, I have to ask, why were these inserts not included with the record up shipping ??? Obviously the layout design and lyrics sheet are in digital form. What happened to the physical inserts that I and everyone else who paid their hard earned money for at when we bought the record ???

I'm all for supporting Indie Record labels, and amazing bands, but I can only speak for myself when I say, please include the precious lyrics/artwork inserts with the records.

Now does anyone on Vinyl Collective have a way to print out this link on some quality paper ? And send me one ?

thx

Sickteen

I don't have a printer, not only that, but if I did, I wouldn't have the nice sleek-substance paper that record inserts lyrics/pictures are usually printed on. So, I have to ask, why were these inserts not included with the record up shipping ??? Obviously the layout design and lyrics sheet are in digital form. What happened to the physical inserts that I and everyone else who paid their hard earned money for at when we bought the record ???

We are including them. The first batch that went out didn't have them included. They were never printed on glossy paper; they were printed on regular printer paper, and then photocopied. The reason we did it is that having inserts printed professionally is expensive, and we can't afford to lose our hard earned money on every single release.

We are including them. The first batch that went out didn't have them included. They were never printed on glossy paper; they were printed on regular printer paper, and then photocopied. The reason we did it is that having inserts printed professionally is expensive, and we can't afford to lose our hard earned money on every single release.

Gotcha, so essentially they were simply rushed out. Seems a bit unprofessional to me.

And why the Condescending attitude in regards to my statement about the hard earned cash in buying the records ??

And exactly what releases is it okay for you @ Asianman to lose your hard earned money on? You see two can play this game...

However I will take the high road, I believe in good business ethics, and expect professional service, and product when paying for something, otherwise, I would just download the music for free, and skip the whole consumer/business part.

what a silly thread....

what a silly man....

Asian Man Records is run out of my parents garage in Northern California. I have one full time employee (Skylar) and my mom helps out by picking up the mail at the post office. I began putting out records in 1991 and officially started Asian Man in May of 1996. ASIAN MAN is a VERY SMALL LABEL!!!! I think some of the general public have the wrong idea and believe we're this huge record company with tons of employees, but we've only got one phone line (with no call waiting), a fax machine, and just recently purchased a second computer. Depending on how you look at things, this is either a good thing or a bad thing. For me, it's the only thing (or in other words: "I LIKE BEING A LITTLE LABEL") This is how the label will remain. I do this for the love of music, not for capitalist gain or status recognition. I only work with bands that are ANTI-RACIST, ANTI-SEXIST, ANTI-PREJUDICE, and who support the ideas of peace and unity. We encourage you to mailorder directly from us (It's the only true form of DIY distribution), but if you do choose to buy from a store, please support the punk rock mom and pop instead of the super mega chain store. It's very important for me to keep the prices low. Music is meant to be affordable!! How can you justify charging $18.99 for a CD?? It makes me sick!! Anyways, I hope you can grasp what this label is about. Thanks for your interest in Asian Man Records.

- Peace always, Mike Park

this hasn't changed in years, well maybe some updates...but jesus...i once got a skankin pickle cd "green" before it came out on dr strange.....i got liner notes, no lyrics, and a green cd sent to me. i loved the band (still do) and it was cool to get something special with or with out lyrics.

i also believe that you got a pyhsical cd with lyrics did you not?

1st press broadways broken star....no lyrics sheet....i got a cd booklet. get over it

Just wanted to chime in to say that I absolutely love this EP. I was a huge Common Rider fan, so my expectations were sky high but, man, does this thing ever deliver. No weak tracks, but "Don't Stand Down," "Slow Car Crash" and "Walking in Shadows" are the stand-outs, with the bridge on "Walking in Shadows" being worth the price of admission alone. It's a real bummer that some people think Jesse did his best work with Operation Ivy, when he's being making amazing music since then, albeit sporadically. Let's hope this isn't the last we hear from this band.