some songs wont play on my ipod/verification

first what the fuck is verification on a ipod? I've googled and couldn't find a good answer.

secondly why wont some songs that play perfectly on itunes simply not play on my ipod? they show up on the device but when i click play they wont play music. they'll simply skip around tracks for a minute.

being able to play peggle on this device is not worth all the bullshit i have to go through to get it to play music. sad panda.

Loki: sounds click a corrupt file, i would delete and copy back on to the ipod. You might need to reset the ipod.

Also, if it is a large file over 25 mins of music or is in an uncompressed aif format then it might be the skip protection feature failing. compress the file, or break it in to smaller pieces.

Twenty Twenty

on iTunes, one piece of art will show for the album whilst the song is playing. How ever if you are playing a single song on an ipod it displays the image associated with the individual file. If you look at the artwork for each file you will probably find that some don't have an image associated with them do this in itunes not the ipod as when you copy file to your ipod it removes the image to save space and it must alter the code some how. I found this out when i added a few songs to a comp album i made, i had to individually add the artwork to it.

Guest markovianprocess

Twenty Twenty

on iTunes, one piece of art will show for the album whilst the song is playing. How ever if you are playing a single song on an ipod it displays the image associated with the individual file. If you look at the artwork for each file you will probably find that some don't have an image associated with them do this in itunes not the ipod as when you copy file to your ipod it removes the image to save space and it must alter the code some how. I found this out when i added a few songs to a comp album i made, i had to individually add the artwork to it.

If you highlight all of the songs you want to change, right click (or CTRL+click for mac) and hit Get Info and drag the image/album cover into the box that says Artwork that will change all of them. I use this all the time so it makes sure the artwork is associated with every file. I'm not quite sure why the ipod has a problem with compilations though.

Twenty Twenty

If you highlight all of the songs you want to change, right click (or CTRL+click for mac) and hit Get Info and drag the image/album cover into the box that says Artwork that will change all of them. I use this all the time so it makes sure the artwork is associated with every file. I'm not quite sure why the ipod has a problem with compilations though.

Yup, that's how i do it.

I've noticed that sometimes I'll be listening to a song and it will just stop and go on to the next one, but if I go back and try to listen to it again it works fine. I don't know what the deal is. It's just random songs too.

Does it do this at the 30 seconds left mark? Mine does this on certain songs. I figured out that it happens when I delete an mp3 file from it's folder and replace it with a new one. iTunes will fix it automatically but then it cuts out the last 30 seconds on my iPod, no idea why.

Yup, that's how i do it.

That's how I do it to... Which is why it's weird to me. It's not that no album art shows up, it's literally a black square...