Tor Johnson Records news/up coming shit

torpaul

wasn't sure which board to put this under....so, i'm doing it here::

thought i'd give everyone an update on the goings on here at TJRHQ. so, we got a twitter. its @torjohnsonrec so follow us!!!

in very odd news, we are going to participating in a celebration of Tor Johnson coming to America from Sweden. it is taking place at Ellis Island on, and around, Halloween. its very odd to be asked to participate in this, seeing as how we are a shitty little punk rock label from Providence. but the ranger planning this asked us to show that Tor Johnson is still talked about in present day. if anyone is in the NYC area around Halloween, head to Ellis Island and celebrate Tor's life!!

up coming releases:

we have 3 releases in the near future and a couple more that we're still working out the details for.

-Jesuscentric LP::this release is going to be insane. we're releasing it with Gatehouse Anchor from Boston and possible one more label (still working that out). the record is at the plant now. its a 1 sided LP that will have silk screening on the b-side. there are going to be 4 color vinyl variations, including black; full color packaging; translucent inserts; and download code!!! get excited about it, i am...

-Tabernackle 7"::this is recorded, but not mastered yet. this record is going to be quite a surprise. fast angry hardcore from providence with an un-expected b-side. probably doing 3 color vinyl variations including black, one of which will only be available through the band.

-Forensics - Blue Lion 7"::the voltron 7" series from Forensics will finally be re-started!!! we will be releasing the follow up to 2007's Green Lion. the songs have been written, but not recorded yet. should be out in the near future.

up coming shows:

Sept 29th 8pm $2

@ The Liberty Elm Diner

777 Elmwood Ave

The Devil, My Pocket (x-Reggie & The Full Effect/Verse)

Jay Berndt (of The Revival Preachers)

imadethismistake (last day of 45 day tour)

Neil Sutherland (from the UK, also last day of 45 day tour)

Oct 22nd 8pm $7

@ AS220

115 Empire St

She Rides (on Stillborn, one of the first providence shows with the new singer)

Git Some (from Denver, x-Planes Mistaken For Stars, on 1-2-3-4-GO! Records)

Acts Of Sedition (from cali, amazing d-beat style hardcore)

Prize Country (from Portland Or, on Hex Records)

Nov 9th 9pm $6

@ AS220

115 Empire St

Ghastly City Sleep (from NYC, on Robotic Empire)

Litany For The Whale (from cali, on Perpetual Motion Machine/Teenage Disco Bloodbath)

Nov 14th 9pm $8

@ Jerky's

71 Richmond St

The_Network (NH/Providence, Blackmarket Activities)

Wetnurse (from Long Island, Seventh Rule Records)

The Atlas Moth (from IL, Witch Trial Records)

as always, please check out the webstore at torjohnsonrecords.com and help us keep putting out records. we have tons of stuff available. also, if you are in a band or run a label, we would love to carry your stuff. get in touch. thanks for reading this long fucking post. check out the webstore!!!

i'm really excited about it. everyone playing is so fucking good. there will be good food/snacks. the diner is a byob for you drinkers out there. hopefully this also introduces some people to a sweet diner (i know i go there for brunch every sunday).

oh, and tabernackle has been added to the oct 22nd show!!! expect flyers and shit soon. GET EXCITED ABOUT STUFF!!! WOOT WOOT!

shows list just got more insane:

Tuesday September 29th 8pm $2

The Liberty Elm

777 Elmwood Ave

The Devil, My Pocket

Jay Berndt (of The Revival Preachers)

imadethismistake (from FL by way of Providence)

Neil Sutherland (from UK)

Thursday October 22nd 8pm $7

AS220

115 Empire St

She Rides

Git Some (from Denver, x-Planes Mistaken For Stars)

Acts Of Sedition (from cali)

Tabernackle

Prize Country (from Portland OR)

Monday November 9th 9pm $6

AS220

115 Empire St

Litany For The Whale (from cali)

Ghastly City Sleep (from NYC)

Saturday November 14th 9pm $5donations

The Sweatshop

Elder

Wetnurse (from NYC)

The Atlas Moth (from IL)

The_Network (Blackmarket Activities)

Tuesday December 1st 9pm $6

AS220

115 Empire St

Gods & Queens (from philly)

don't forget the coupon we are offering. 20% off any order of $30 or more!! team up with your friends and place a big order!!! use coupon code "20o30"

tons of awesome shit!!! stuff from All About Records, Cottage Records, Dead Tank Records, Gatehouse Anchor, Give Praise Records, Hospital Productions, Inkblot, Protagonist, Slave Union, Strange Famous and more. Europe's Adagio 830, Super Fi, Vendetta, Concubine, Shove, and more. Art from Devil's Rainbow, Ghost Town, Micropress, Upper Hand Art, and more.

check it!!!