Paintball

memphis666

A guy I used to work with had his bachelor today and we all went played paint ball for 4 hours. My legs are so fucking sore right now from crouching and popping up to shoot. Only had one really bad hit on my right hand. Broke the skin and has swelled up quite a bit. But what a blast. Took a couple of shots to the arms and left some nice welts. The bachelor took a clean shot to the balls! They offered these thermal glasses that didn't fog up for extra money but they didn't cover your forehead area like the other masks did. I shot this guy right in the forehead twice and it looked like he had horns ready to pop through. Everyone started calling him Hellboy. Felt kind of bad because he seemed like a really cool guy. I wasn't aiming for his head. He came around some barrels and I was looking right at him and fired away. We also had 4 current members in the Marines with us and a former Marine. Of course they show up with their own guns and decked out in camouflage. We took on this other group that seemed like regulars to the place in 12 vs 18 match. We absolutely destroyed them during a 30 minute match. Luckily I have some painkillers left over from a root canal. Took 2 about an hour ago. The rest of them were all going out drinking afterward. There was no way I could make it through that. I'm so out of shape. Being a smoker didn't help me out.

I had a Spider TL - a $300ish gun with a great 20oz lightweight tank and a quality mask. My ex-girlfriend's brother borrowed it and sold it and ended up selling it for drugs before returning it.

My brother has a Tipman 98 which I think is the best "play for fun" gun. A student I taught during student teaching is on a pro team and is crazy-good. I'd love to just mess around with his team, but I'd get annihilated.

hey memphis, did you play at wacky warrriors in wentzville? I play like 2-3 times a year and that is my favorite place by far, I love the courses in the woods, so much fun.

oh and the leg pain is crazy! I am usually sore for days!

We played at Extreme Paintball in Millstadt, Illinois. I did play at Wacky Warriors once a few years ago. I would check this place out if you get a chance. They had 8 to 10 different courses. Though it was quite the drive from Ofallon.