madden 08

Guest scriptedrain

I just played this at my friend's house on PS3 and it's awesome this year. It helped that I stomped him 31-3 (I was the Cowboys, he was the Chargers).

- Jeff

i have this for the 360. ive only played it for about 3 or 4 hours total (stupid job... sheesh) but all in all, ive thoroughly enjoyed it compared to the last few that have come out. it plays so smooth and doesnt slow down like the other ones used to and looks awesome if you have an HD tv/monitor. the animations are much more improved as well and theres the whole new "weapons" system which i wont even attempt to explain but you can read about it on gamespot.

the lateral thing im not sure about but i wouldnt be surprised. my only gripes are the lack of tv style presentation that the espn 2k series did SO well and commentary... still the same rehashed madden quotes on "ask madden" with very little actual gameplay commentary.

Guest scriptedrain

ESPN NFL 2K5 is the best sports game, as far as presentation, that I've played. I loved the style, halftime / postgame report (which I see Madden is FINALLY getting around to highlights), and camera angles / replays.

I heard the 360 version plays very nicely (60 fps), especially in comparison to the PS3 version (30 fps) which I played today and was very annoyed with when the game would get choppy or halt in spots.

The "Weapons" system confused the hell out of me, but I'm sure once I own it I'll figure it out. As far as the commentary, there are lines on Madden 07 that I heard almost 10 years ago. You'd think EA Sports would get on the ball at least once every few years to make sure you're not hearing Madden say the same things over and over.

- Jeff

ESPN NFL 2K5 is the best sports game, as far as presentation, that I've played. I loved the style, halftime / postgame report (which I see Madden is FINALLY getting around to highlights), and camera angles / replays.

I heard the 360 version plays very nicely (60 fps), especially in comparison to the PS3 version (30 fps) which I played today and was very annoyed with when the game would get choppy or halt in spots.

The "Weapons" system confused the hell out of me, but I'm sure once I own it I'll figure it out. As far as the commentary, there are lines on Madden 07 that I heard almost 10 years ago. You'd think EA Sports would get on the ball at least once every few years to make sure you're not hearing Madden say the same things over and over.

- Jeff

totally agreed. 2k5 was amazing. ever since ea got the exclusive nfl license, ive been hoping ea would get off their asses and put together something similar but alas they still havent. i also really wonder if madden himself is the reason he hasnt recorded any new voiceovers. id think thatd be on the top of ea's list of "to do's." plus, on the back of the 360 box it says something about "featuring espn." the least they could have done was get the monday night football crew to do commentary. i dunno, i guess its minor gripes since the gameplay is drastically improved which is what counts but i just think the tv style presentation really plays into the realism factor which ea doesnt seem to get. other then that, totally fun game that ill be playing through the football season im sure.

Guest scriptedrain

I played the shit out of NHL 2007 on XBox. The thing that pissed me off the most:

Money goals (cross ice one-timers)

No penalty shots

Rarity of five-hole goals

I think I've owned most of the NHL and Madden releases since 95.

- Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
Guest falloutcollapse

i really want a 360. i've been saving forever though, because i want to buy it in conjunction with a small lcd/hd tv. is it possible to make the normal 360 hdmi capable?

Guest scriptedrain
i really want a 360. i've been saving forever though, because i want to buy it in conjunction with a small lcd/hd tv. is it possible to make the normal 360 hdmi capable?

I think that's one of the advantages of buying the "Elite" model. I also heard a rumor that new "Premium" models are going to be, as well.

- Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
Guest scriptedrain

I got this on 360 now. Fun as hell, but I'm having a hell of a time learning the passing game on All-Pro level. The DBs swarm my receivers and they never get open.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain

I mastered 07 on All-Pro level, but mostly because it had a few plays that almost always worked. I can't find any universal plays like that in 08, which is - I guess lol - a good thing.

- Jeff

i just bought a 360 for myself so i dont have to use my brothers anymore. the pros now come with hdmi cables. i hooked mine up to my computer monitor at home so i can play it in hd as i dont have an hd tv at home unfortunately. i just need to get a kvm switch of some sort so i can go back and forth between my pc and xbox without having to disconnect one to use the other on my monitor. not a lot of people do this but its a little trick (maybe?) i learned from my brother. and oh yeah, you need to get a avg hd cable or something like that for this to work for anyone that cares. microsoft makes them.

Guest falloutcollapse

^that's exactly the info i've been looking for. i've been wanting to get one, but they're way too much for me to buy by myself right now. i'm dying to play halo 3 though