ebay seller alert: fuck "spruce425"

mattstrike

If you guys ever see "spruce425" selling something you want, steer clear. This asswipe burned me on a compilation - listed it NM and it came with a nice deep scratch on B side across 4 songs. When I write him to ask about a refund, he turns all angry and accuses me of scratching the LP myself!

Anyone else been in a sitch like this?

Comments?

I just don't understand how he would honestly think I scratched it, how does it make sense? I didn't pay that much for it, so it would be more of a hassle and a loss for me to send it back to the UK!!

unfortunately, there's not much you can do in that situation. i got a 7" once that was listed in VG condition and it was TRASHED. i wouldn't even put it on my turntable. but it's a subjective situation, i sent the guy an email telling him that there was noooo way that record was VG, and he just argued that his definition of VG is just different than mine. you just kinda have to resign.

He now tells me his reasoning for accusing me of damaging the record is: "What if you bought the LP and didn't like the songs on it - that's how you would be able to get a refund."

Hmmm, great logic. I wrote back asking him why he didn't just ask me if I liked the music first, before accusing me of lying.

Oh, and my dog has diarreah from all the stress. Great.