DRAG THE RIVER "Primer", a Best of Collection CD a

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

We are excited to announce a Drag the River "Best Of" collection entitled "Primer". I think Jon Snodgrass will not be happy with me calling this a "Best Of" as he never intended to release a "Greatest Hits" album as he as always made a point not to have fans buy the same record again. Why?, you might be asking then are we releasing "Primer". As reported a month ago, Drag the River are doing a European tour in December with Chris Wollard and the Ship Thieves. We really liked the idea of them having a new album to help promote the tour with and had interest in Viva Hate Records who wanted to license a Drag the River album. Having a European label promoting the album and the tour just made a lot of sense and since this will be available overseas, we didn't want U.S. fans to have to buy the album at import prices. We decided to make a one time pressing of 1,000 copies for those of you in the United States who would like to have this album. After we sell through of the pressing, this album will no longer be available. We are considering packaging the CD with a shot glass and coozie.

Jon titled the collection "Primer" as he liked the double meaning the word possessed. A Primer [prim-er] is a children's book that helps a child to read and a Primer [prahy-mer] is typically used as a first coat of paint and is usually gray in color. The "Primer" album will serve to give a great understanding into Drag the River for those new to the band and the artwork (above) is gray scale in color and I guess again could serve as that first coat of paint for those not familiar with the band.

However you pronounce the name of the album, know that the album is fantastic from start to finish. Jon Snodgrass and Chad Price selected songs from all of their albums to round out the 20 song collection. This is no easy task as Drag the River have so many incredible songs. Take a look at the track listing and let me know what you think is missing. I personally would have loved to have seen a few songs not on the list, but after listening to the album, I think they did a fantastic job at selecting songs. Rounding out the collection is the Thin Lizzy cover, "Dancin' in the Moonlight" which was recorded live at our friends Brian and Liv's wedding by Mr James Freeman, it sounds so good. We will be posting the pre-order next week and expect to have copies by early November.

DRAG THE RIVER "Primer" Track Listing

1. Brookfield

2. Rangement

3. Beautiful & Damned

4. Me & Joe Drove Out To California

5. Waylon

6. Strange

7. She Used To Smile

8. Hang-Dog

9. Sterilize

10. Crocodile Wings

11. Modern Drunkard

12. Having A Party (Sam Cooke)

13. Medicine

14. Calloused Heart #2

15. Get Drunk

16. Br00tal

17. Oxes & Horses

18. Bug Country

19. Hybrid Moments (The Misfits)

20. Dancin' In The Moonlight (Thin Lizzy) - live at Brian and Liv's Wedding

I have made a couple DTR 'primers' for people...I celebrate their entire catalog of course, but for these purposes I would've swapped Beautiful & Damned & Get Drunk on the playlist, dropped Brootal, Strange, She Used to Smile, Crocodile, maybe Sterlize, maybe Rangement, and added:

Amazing Grace

Lost Angel Saloon

Indianapolis (Brian Henneman)

Lucky Joe's

Dirty Lips

Disbelieve

Mars Motors from Live @ the Starlight

Tobacco Fields

Oxes & Horses is a cover too I'm pretty sure (that rooster band, the name is escaping me right now...)

Waylon is aka So Long Hoss right?

Amazing Grace is one of my favorite all-time DTR songs...but so is Dirty Lips and Lost Angel Saloon...and so many others (some already on the Primer, of course, like Me & Joe, Modern Drunkard, Broofield, etc) ...

I have made a couple DTR 'primers' for people...I celebrate their entire catalog of course, but for these purposes I would've swapped Beautiful & Damned & Get Drunk on the playlist, dropped Brootal, Strange, She Used to Smile, Crocodile, maybe Sterlize, maybe Rangement, and added:

Amazing Grace

Lost Angel Saloon

Indianapolis (Brain Henneman)

Lucky Joe's

Dirty Lips

Disbelieve

Mars Motors from Live @ the Starlight

Tobacco Fields

Oxes & Horses is a cover too I'm pretty sure (that rooster band, the name is escaping me right now...)

Waylon is aka So Long Hoss right?

Amazing Grace is one of my favorite all-time DTR songs...but so is Dirty Lips and Lost Angel Saloon...and so many others (some already on the Primer, of course, like Me & Joe, Modern Drunkard, Broofield, etc) ...

I would have loved to have had death of the life of the party and lost angel saloon, but man, it's tough narrowing it down to 2 or 3 songs per album. Yes, Oxes and Horses is a cover of a band that I can't remember either. shit