Suburban Home For Life / Upcoming Releases on SH

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

SUBURBAN HOME FOR LIFE (EVERY DIGITAL ALBUM FOREVER)

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/shforlife

This is a friendly reminder about our Suburban Home For Life deal where you receive every digital album that we release forever. The price is $100.00 so if you think about it in terms of how much a digital album costs on Itunes, you break even after we send you 10 albums. So far, we have sent out the Chad Price album, "Smile Sweet Face", our Suburban Home Winter Sampler, and a live recording of Two Cow Garage from Suburban Home's 14th Anniversary show. That's the other perk with being a Suburban Home for Life member, we will send you live recordings and unreleased music you can't get elsewhere. This week, we will be sending all 3 Under the Influence 7"s digitally, the Tim Barry/Frank Turner split 7" digitally, and we have a bunch of other records cooking. Here is what you can expect in the near future:

MICAH SCHNABEL "When the Stage Light Goes Dim" - We will have the CDs shortly and when that happens, we will be getting the master to tweak on our end and digitize at a higher bit rate than the mp3s we have currently. November 2009.

DRAG THE RIVER "Primer" - This is the Drag the River mixtape you play while you are pre-partying at your house. Add some beer and some whiskey and this collection might just keep you partying at home when you decide you'd rather just stay at home with Drag the River. We are not releasing this collection digitally, but will send it out to the SH for Lifers. November 2009.

TIM BARRY "28th & Stonewall" - I would be lying to you if I didn't recognize that this could be Tim's greatest album yet. If you haven't seen the video for the single, "Thing of the Past", do so now and know that this album will be early contender for album of the year for 2010. Out late January 2010.

LOOK MEXICO "To Bed To Battle" - We were expecting big things from their debut album for Suburban Home and honestly, this surpasses anything I could have hoped for the album. This takes their "Gasp Asp" 7" and takes it to 11. We will put out a single for "You go. I stay. No following." with an exclusive B-side before Christmas, but "To Bed to Battle" won't be out til February 2010.

CHAD PRICE / ROCKY VOTOLATO split - We have been talking forever about doing a Rocky/Chad Under the Influence 7", but when I sent Rocky a copy of Chad's album, we started talking about doing a split 7" where Chad would release a single for "This Cross" and Rocky would do a new song. That happened, but while Rocky was in town this past week, he had time to record a cover of Drag the River's "Best and Worst" and Chad will soon go into record a Rocky Votolato cover. If Chad records in the next week or two, we will have it out before Christmas.

VARIOUS ARTISTS "Under the Influence" the first 10 volumes - It was decided that we would compile the first 10 volumes of the Under the Influence series as a double LP and CD. Mitch is working on ideas for the cover art and when that happens, we will put the release together. It may not happen til early 2010.

JOEY CAPE "Doesn't Play Well With Others" double album - Joey has been working on a double album follow up to "Bridge". Joey said the following about it in a blog post, "one of 10 new songs and one of 10 Lag Wagon and Bad Astronaut songs acoustic. Anyone who has seen me play an acoustic show knows I play a lot of those older songs. I figured it wouldn't hurt to record a few. My friend Brian lent a bit of Piano for this one." Snodgrass recorded vocals on a number of songs, too. Not sure exactly when this will come out, depends on how quickly Joey gets to finishing the record.

I'm sure there is something that we are forgetting, and I haven't even started to mention the Under the Influences currently in the works. I think that the Suburban Home for Life will pay for itself by March and we have lots of other great releases planned that will make this the best deal in independent music.

What about Wayword Sons split7" or the Josh Small. Will these still be coming out?

should have the wayword sons split in about a week and a half, it has been a nightmare with this record.

which josh small? a new one? he is recording a new album in December.