Suburban Home/Vinyl Collective at the Fest 8 (band

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

It is only a few days til the Fest in Gainesville begins and I wanted to alert you to what all Suburban Home and Vinyl Collective have going on this year. We have a number of bands playing, we will have a bunch of records for sale (at insane prices), and because of the Fest, we in Denver are going to be super short-handed. I personally am not going which is a bummer, but when I went last year, I missed taking my son out for Halloween. My son only being 3 and super stoked on Halloween (he's gonna be Spiderman), there is no way I could miss taking him out trick or treating. 3 Suburban Home/Vinyl Collective staff will be there (Andy, Justin, and Casey who are all in Only Thunder and are playing the Fest this year). They will be manning the Suburban Home/Vinyl Collective Flea Market table which will also be showcasing the Fest guitar that Justin built. They will be selling raffle tickets for a chance to win the guitar and the proceeds from that raffle will go to benefit Harvest of Hope. Make sure you say hi to the guys and make sure you go see them play. They play that Friday night, October 30th, at the Venue Side Stage at 8:30 pm.

WE ARE SHORT-STAFFED THIS WEEK, PLEASE UNDERSTAND

Since Andy who processes mailorder and Justin and Casey who handle mailorder are on tour to the Fest, we are seriously short-staffed. My buddy Zach and I are gonna put in some late night hours before the Lucero show and everyone else in the office will be pulling double duty to get as many of the pre-orders out as quickly as possible. I ask that you please bare with us this week as we are short-handed and have to put together and ship out copies of Portugal the Man "It's Complicated Being a Wizard", Tim Barry/Frank Turner, the 3 new Under the Influence 7"s, Chad Price "Smile Sweet Face", and Cobra Skulls "American Rubicon" (yes, we got in American Rubicon). We also just got in the O Pioneers "This is How I Feel" and the Jon Cougar Concentration Camp "My Hair Hurts" and some other records. We will do our very best to get these records out, but please be patient with us. We are kind of freaking out.

VINYL COLLECTIVE/SUBURBAN HOME FLEA MARKET TABLE

The guys will only be setting up on Friday during registration which will go from noon to 5pm. I didn't send too many records with the guys (at most there are 5 to 10 copies of certain titles). Because we are crazy, the prices of our records will be the following:

LPs and CDs - $5.00 each

dbl LP - $10 each

7"s and Shotgunators - 2 for $5

Get their early if you are interested in picking anything up, I imagine most of our newer titles will sell out pretty quickly. Those of you not attending this year's Fest, know that we are about to announce a sale with similar prices to make room in our warehouse. Be sure to say hi to Andy, Justin, and Casey, they are all good folks.

LINEUPS FOR SUBURBAN HOME ARTISTS AT THIS YEAR'S FEST

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30TH

Joey Cape 8:30 – 9:10 at CIVIC MEDIA CENTER

In The Red (side stage) 7:20 – 7:50 at THE VENUE

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

Drag The River 12:50 – 1:30 at MARKET STREET PUB

Ninja Gun 11:10 – 11:40 at MARKET STREET PUB

Tim Barry 10:10 – 10:50 at MARKET STREET PUB

The Takers 9:20 – 9:50 at MARKET STREET PUB

Look Mexico 9:20 – 9:50 at THE ATLANTIC

Mike Hale 6:10 – 6:40 at CIVIC MEDIA CENTER

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 1ST

Chad Price 10:00 – 10:30 at DURTY NELLY’S

Jon Snodgrass 9:10 – 9:40 at DURTY NELLY’S

Josh Small 4:40 – 5:10 at CIVIC MEDIA CENTER

Please mark our artists on your calendar and have a good time.

WHO ARE YOU PLANNING TO SEE? Don't rub it in too much, but who are you most excited to see?

I don't suppose American Rubicon will be done by then, will it?

we got them in yesterday right after Only Thunder left for tour....unfortunately. we aim to ship out pre-orders by week's end.

I got a call last night from a buddy heading to florida to play and he had a change in plans and had a return flight to Seattle he was going to try and give to me, if I could get out there. Flights are not cheap last minute like this, especially across the country. I couldn't justify $230 right now, but I'm so fuckin' jealous!

amazing sale prices. and rad line up!

wish i could be there for all of that. deep sigh.

I too wish I could be there. For the prices, you can take advantage of them through the sale we just posted!!

Honestly, with all the sales that have been going on lately, I've picked up almost all the SH releases that I need or want.

I'll still stop by the table - I'm sure I'll find something to buy at those prices!

--

I was just remembering last year when I was working merch for Two Cow Garage & Drag The River at their Fest show and Virgil asked me if I would hawk SH merch, too. Due to a lack of communication, I put Drag's & SH's money together. Oops. Sorry about that.

Guest kylewilliam

last year at the flea market, virgil taught me how to shotgun a beer, then challanged me to a shotgun competition... i was drunk at 11:30am. enjoy the fest everyone!

Honestly, with all the sales that have been going on lately, I've picked up almost all the SH releases that I need or want.

I'll still stop by the table - I'm sure I'll find something to buy at those prices!

--

I was just remembering last year when I was working merch for Two Cow Garage & Drag The River at their Fest show and Virgil asked me if I would hawk SH merch, too. Due to a lack of communication, I put Drag's & SH's money together. Oops. Sorry about that.

no worries at all, it all worked out in the end. thanks again for helping out.

last year at the flea market, virgil taught me how to shotgun a beer, then challanged me to a shotgun competition... i was drunk at 11:30am. enjoy the fest everyone!

I hope you have passed that knowledge onto others. Unfortunately, I don't think the guys are planning on having shotgunning competitions, but I might be wrong. That was a good time.