Dead To Me - African Elephants/Flatliners - Cynics

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm clearly part of a minority here. Does anybody else think this blows their other stuff away, and that their other stuff isn't even that good?

Completely disagree. I think their old stuff is incredible, especially Little Brother. Really the only difference in the albums is not having Jacks vocals on the new one. Not all, but a lot of the music on the new album is on par with their older releases and I hear a lot of that DTM "signature" sound on the music but the vocals just fall completely flat for me. Jacks vocals made it sound so much better. On the new album Im just kinda bored with the vocals. But hey, to each his own.

I finally got around to listening to the Dead To Me record. Having read mixed reviews I decided to see them live before listening to the record. I went to their CD release show in San Francisco last weekend and enjoyed them. They weren't as good as the other times I have seen them. Jack voice and stage presence was pretty key to the overall Dead To Me sound.

I didn't hate the record, it was actually a decent Clashish record. It just didn't feel like a Dead To Me record.