IN THE RED "Volume 1.5" subscription

peanutuk

seriously Virgil, where the fuck is the rest of this? I refuse to buy any Suburban Home release until these show up. The way this has been handled is nothing short of disgraceful. If you have no plans to follow through on your end of the deal, man up and refund everyone. Otherwise, press the records and get them out to people. Its bullshit how long this has taken.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been screwed over by subscription series repeatedly: the bullshit Makoto singles series that released 3 beautiful 7"s then took the rest of my money and disappeared from the internet, the Post Parlo CD split series that stopped years ago with 5 more records to go or something, the Better Looking Recs Album Leaf series that released 2 of 4 records and still has my cash. Even the usually stand-up Temporary Residence didn't switch my address as requested and I only got 1/3 of the CD subscription series.

My point is that it could be worse. VC is right here, the series is definitely going to be completed, and we all know that we will have the records eventually. We all have plenty of other records to listen to until then.

My point is that it could be worse. VC is right here, the series is definitely going to be completed, and we all know that we will have the records eventually. We all have plenty of other records to listen to until then.

Its thoughts like this that let Virgil get away with doing nothing about it. People have been fucked over before, not by Virgil but on similar subscriptions. And Virgil is doing it to us now. How do you know its going to be completed? How do you know we will get the records eventually? Simple answer is you don't. People need to let their thoughts be known so we aren't treated like shit. There is no excuse now for this not being done. There has been plenty of time for mistakes to be corrected. Get the records out or refund people the difference. Its simple.

Absolutely agreed. With no action taken from VC towards completing what has been paid for more than a year ago, it's now not just a question of getting the records out, but also the likely risk of losing potential future support in the label.

That other labels have been messing up in similar ways or worse does not legitimize this.

Com'on Virgil....as you're not replying to e-mails or pm's , i guess you don't give a fuck about the couple of hundred people who put their hard earned cash into this subscription but you continue posting new threads on here about new stuff coming out !!

Man up and either send us the remaining 2 records or our money back as this has gone on for long enough now !!

Hey Virgil....remember this from 25/02/2010 ??

Hello friends, i am sorry that I have not been in direct communication with you about the In the Red Volume 1.5 Subscription series. As you already know the plan for this subscription series didn't exactly pan out as I had hoped it would. I am very, very sorry to say that I have only now put into production volumes 1.5.3 and 1.5.4. The good news is that instead of waiting for each 1 to come out individually, we will be sending them both together.

If you have any questions or frustrations you want to send my way, please do so. I really don't have a good excuse as to why these haven't come out in a more timely manner. I will be talking to my pressing plant early next week and will see if i can get these records turned around more quickly than their normal turn around time.

Thanks for your understanding and thanks for supporting In the Red.

I like the bit :"If you have any questions or frustrations you want to send my way, please do so"

Whats the point ? You don't Reply >:(

Starting tomorrow, im just going to send him daily emails. Until he replies. Others should do the same. Its pretty much bullshit they aren't out yet.

I would start posting about this EVERY thread that Virgil starts until he answers you. It will annoy the board but it may be the only way to get an answer.