IN THE RED "Volume 1.5" subscription

peanutuk

just got this in the ol' inbox

Hello friends, i am sorry that I have not been in direct communication with you about the In the Red Volume 1.5 Subscription series. As you already know the plan for this subscription series didn't exactly pan out as I had hoped it would. I am very, very sorry to say that I have only now put into production volumes 1.5.3 and 1.5.4. The good news is that instead of waiting for each 1 to come out individually, we will be sending them both together.

If you have any questions or frustrations you want to send my way, please do so. I really don't have a good excuse as to why these haven't come out in a more timely manner. I will be talking to my pressing plant early next week and will see if i can get these records turned around more quickly than their normal turn around time.

Thanks for your understanding and thanks for supporting In the Red.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main frustration comes with Virgil's complete lack of care regarding people's questions. You can see that he is posting on the board...usually stuff to make him money...while ignoring questions from people who have already paid for stuff. It's complete bullshit really. I don't care about new Pre-Orders. I want to know where records that were paid for a year ago are in the process of getting pressed. Rather than press another new record, SH/VC should press the records they've promised and have been paid for.

Unlike the rest of us on the board, Virgil probably doesn't troll the boards reading each and every thread. So when you're asking him questions via a thread started MONTHS ago, it's likely he won't see it. He has always provided his email and the email of his staff to contact them directly with questions. Anytime I've emailed them, I've always received a timely response.

Also, if you were really that upset over the subscription, I'm fairly positive they'd refund half the money back to you and you can stop complaining about it.

Unlike the rest of us on the board, Virgil probably doesn't troll the boards reading each and every thread.

I would hardly consider reading threads regarding his releases on the message board associated with his label/distro as trolling.

Also, emails are ignored and go unanswered. The point is, I don't think anyone should be required to ask for money back or cancel their subscriptions because they are frustrated that at the lack of news and lack of progress on these records. I wouldn't have bought a subscription if I didn't like the band and want the records. I just want the records I paid for, that were sold long before these newer pre-orders and releases.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I understand people's frustration with things. To make you feel better, 10 years ago I signed up for Pushead's Fan Club. The price was $20 for two records and some other items, or $40 for four records and a something "special". Of course I went with the $40.

I've never received a single record. Last I had heard from Mr. Pushead was that the first batch of records had arrived and was ready to be put together. I think that was about 6 years ago.

Every few years I write him a letter asking about a status update and he writes back and says its "on hold". I guess my only hope to recoup my $40 is to save the hand written letters and sell them to some Japanese dude after he dies in 30 or 40 years. At this point, I just need to outlive him.

• 3 weeks later...