Looking For: Brothers Keeper

darknesscomesalive

DISEMBODIED!!!

Jimmy turned me into a fan.

now you're a junkie too!

from stuck in the past...

"Whenever a bigger band would come to town, you weren't shit if you weren't watching them from the side of the stage- conspicuously positioned so everybody could see you, of course, so everybody knew you were hella tight bros with the band. Mike Ski from Brother's Keeper was a big fan of this technique, which was ironic since they had that song "Namedropper" or whatever. I feel like he must have really low self-esteem because he overcompensated a lot back then. It makes me a little vicariously embarrassed when I look back on it, but it's hard to be too judgmental. I mean, if I was from Erie and had a girl voice I would probably have an inferiority complex too, so I can't blame him. It's just hard to watch someone who seems like a pretty nice dude embarrass himself so frequently and publicly. For example, the atrocious cover art he did for the BK records or, well, their music."

I always thought I was the lone Brother's Keeper fan on this board. Good to see someone else appreciates them!

no doubt. I road tripped to their Final Show in Erie back in the day, that was a great time.

DISEMBODIED!!!

Jimmy turned me into a fan.

now you're a junkie too!

from stuck in the past...

"Whenever a bigger band would come to town, you weren't shit if you weren't watching them from the side of the stage- conspicuously positioned so everybody could see you, of course, so everybody knew you were hella tight bros with the band. Mike Ski from Brother's Keeper was a big fan of this technique, which was ironic since they had that song "Namedropper" or whatever. I feel like he must have really low self-esteem because he overcompensated a lot back then. It makes me a little vicariously embarrassed when I look back on it, but it's hard to be too judgmental. I mean, if I was from Erie and had a girl voice I would probably have an inferiority complex too, so I can't blame him. It's just hard to watch someone who seems like a pretty nice dude embarrass himself so frequently and publicly. For example, the atrocious cover art he did for the BK records or, well, their music."

Ski was always a good dude the couple times I kicked it with him but goddamn that's funny shit right there.