Google Nexus One

No one said that about the iPhone. Well, some people guessed. But Apple & AT&T are in a contract. Some people think it's a 3 year contract, but no one is really sure.

The Nexus One is coming to Verizon.

From the Gizmodo link:

It's Coming to Verizon in a Few Months

Verizon's getting it in 2010, though we don't know for how much yet. (Probably $200.)

I don't doubt that's what they're saying but you really think in 4-5 months the Nexus One is going to be as drool-worthy as it is now? You don't think Apple will drop something shit-hot in that time? Maybe even an iPhone device on Verizon? Four to five months is a long time in technology.

I didn't say anything about that, so I dunno what you're questioning haha.

The iPhone will get a refresh in June and I'm sure it'll be amazing and the #1 again.

I don't doubt that's what they're saying but you really think in 4-5 months the Nexus One is going to be as drool-worthy as it is now? You don't think Apple will drop something shit-hot in that time? Maybe even an iPhone device on Verizon? Four to five months is a long time in technology.

I didn't say anything about that, so I dunno what you're questioning haha.

The iPhone will get a refresh in June and I'm sure it'll be amazing and the #1 again.

Well you seemed to have missed my points so I was reiterating. It seemed grasping Google may not hit the mark on the time was a difficult thing for me to make clear so I skipped it.

Firstly, if Google is wrong and the phone doesn't come in Spring it certainly wouldn't be the first time a deadline was missed in the tech-sector.

Second, even if it does come at the time its not likely going to be an 800lb gorilla unless it gets incremental upgrades. And if it gets upgrades that changes the time frame.

I got a chance to play around with this phone over the christmas break as my brother in law works for google and got to have one of the phones. After all was said and done, the games on it were sweet. Yeah, thats about all its worth. Its not a good sign when Googles own employees wont stand behind the phone.

I got a chance to play around with this phone over the christmas break as my brother in law works for google and got to have one of the phones. After all was said and done, the games on it were sweet. Yeah, thats about all its worth. Its not a good sign when Googles own employees wont stand behind the phone.

Everyone else in the world seems pretty excited about it.

I've yet to use an Android phone, sans the G1 for like 5 minutes, so I dunno.