Google Nexus One

Discuss.

http://www.google.com/phone

Pretty awesome phone. Definitely the second best device on the market, if not the first.

The Droid is now #3 for sure. I kind of feel bad if just bought a Droid, because this looks to be way better.

I still think that the iPhone 3GS is the phone to beat though, but I could see myself owning a Nexus One and being happy about it.

T-Mobile, I don't know much about them.

My wife just got a Droid and the reason why she picked it over the Droid Eris was b/c of the keyboard. I think that's going to be a sticking point for some people, even if this ends up on Verizon at some point. This phone looks beautifully designed though, a lot smoother looking than the Droid.

I really, really hope that all these new phones drive prices down for service. Probably my only problems with the iphone are the price for service (not technically iPhone's fault) and the battery life.

I couldn't afford my iPhone if I wasn't on a family plan. $65 vs. $100+

yea, my wife and I have the family plan, it's around $140 after taxes and stuff, and both of us have iphones. big expense.

I do not feel bad about buying a Droid at all, not sure why anyone would. This device is a T-Mobile device. T-Mobile, last I checked bough network access from AT&T. AT&T is the reason I don't want an iPhone.

It'll be on Verizon in a few months.

They said the same thing about the iPhone a few months ago.

I do not feel bad about buying a Droid at all, not sure why anyone would. This device is a T-Mobile device. T-Mobile, last I checked bough network access from AT&T. AT&T is the reason I don't want an iPhone.
It'll be on Verizon in a few months.

No one said that about the iPhone. Well, some people guessed. But Apple & AT&T are in a contract. Some people think it's a 3 year contract, but no one is really sure.

The Nexus One is coming to Verizon.

From the Gizmodo link:

It's Coming to Verizon in a Few Months

Verizon's getting it in 2010, though we don't know for how much yet. (Probably $200.)

[image]

No one said that about the iPhone. Well, some people guessed. But Apple & AT&T are in a contract. Some people think it's a 3 year contract, but no one is really sure.

The Nexus One is coming to Verizon.

From the Gizmodo link:

It's Coming to Verizon in a Few Months

Verizon's getting it in 2010, though we don't know for how much yet. (Probably $200.)

I don't doubt that's what they're saying but you really think in 4-5 months the Nexus One is going to be as drool-worthy as it is now? You don't think Apple will drop something shit-hot in that time? Maybe even an iPhone device on Verizon? Four to five months is a long time in technology.