Movie/ TV file organizers

Is there any sort of program that you can use to play your videos that has some sort of built in imdb link? Like you import your videos (movie/ tv) and it'll link it up to imdb or something then you can organize by genre, imdb ranking, etc?

sorry that was a bad explanation but im looking for something like this. if it doesn't exist it should!

like a cataloging site?

or like a last.fm for video??? i dont know if this exists...i dont get why it would....

as for the first, i used to be big into DVDspot, but i think they're done.

i know theres dvd profiler and Delicious library...and i want to say i tried something called Libra(?)

im thinking like a media library program that connects to the internet to get info. I want to be able to organize and play files i've downloaded on the computer.

EG I just dled and watched Law Abiding Citizen it would see that in the file name and get the info from imdb and put it under movies, action, law abiding citizen. Then it'd have the info, run time, actors etc.

or I dl Chuck 304 it could tell from the file name it was chuck season 3 episode 4 and do the same thing. If it couldn't tell from the file name you could just put it in.

Great idea right?!

Plex, boxee or any xbmc engine should do that. I use Plex and it grabs info from IMDB for all my movies.

This.

They do exactly what you want.

Plex is Mac only.

XBMC is for PC and Mac.

http://www.xbmc.org

I hate Boxee.

yay! I also hate boxee, used to love it, but it's gone way down hill. If you have a mac, I suggest plex, easy to use/set up.

that site is pretty cool. is there any kind of database out there that would do the same thing? kind of list our listings of our records but with our DVD's that you could scroll through to see info about it. does that make any sense?

there is. I just downloaded Librarian for mac, but I haven't had a chance to play around with it.