osx leopard

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a mac, it shouldn't!

Haha yes this is true, but I need to back up my stuff anyways cause my old Powerbook G4 had a bunch of stuff on it that I never backed up and that was stolen over a year ago :(... And I really don't want to have to go through all the hassle of getting all my music back and whatnot.

so those who got it, how is it?

Woops. Anyway, it seemed a little buggy at first, (audio scrobbler and a couple other applications froze, but after a restart worked fine) but all in all no real problems. The new dock looks super slick, but I haven't taken the time to figure out how to use/manage stacks yet. I wish I had an external HD to back everything up and do a clean install, but I do not. I guess I'll have to wait until I quit buying so many records (read: never).

All I know is, it's sooooo much better than fucking weak-ass Vista. What a joke. If you were a pc user and you had to learn a whole new OS that was a direct copy of OSX, why the fuck wouldn't you just get a MAC!!!?

And on top of that its a bad copy of OSX. You need newer hardware just to get most of the "features" they talk about.

so those who got it, how is it?

Woops. Anyway, it seemed a little buggy at first, (audio scrobbler and a couple other applications froze, but after a restart worked fine) but all in all no real problems. The new dock looks super slick, but I haven't taken the time to figure out how to use/manage stacks yet. I wish I had an external HD to back everything up and do a clean install, but I do not. I guess I'll have to wait until I quit buying so many records (read: never).

You should get an external for time machine, that shit is slick.

thats one reason why I went Mac with my new computer. EVERY windows computer comes with VISTA and you have to actually speak to someone on the phone to have anything else installed instead, which that alone is a big enough hassle. plus, we use Mac's at work, so I just bring my own laptop to work and write it off as a business expense. I saw the OSX for sale at best buy, I may buy it and write that off too. but I wanna hear some sweet usage first.