Thing That Ate Floyd Pressing info...

if it's a orange cover, i think that would be a final pressing. as there is a pink, orange, and blue covers... blue being the more prominent. they all have laytonville addresses on them if i'm not mistaken. I don't ever remember seeing orange covers at that time till a few years down the road. try contacting David Hayes from very small records, as he was a part of lookout back in the day when those were released. He will probably be the best person to ask on this pressing. He'll set you straight.

Thanks everyone...Sounds like it's not the 1st 50. Oh well, still looks nice. I had this many years ago on black, but picked this up for $10.00. Thought what the hell.

I would like to pick up Make the collector nerd sweat 10", I used to love some of the songs on that comp back in the day. I just don't like the prices I see it going for.

Anyone tell me if this is the 1st press of 50 orange? It has the Laytonville address. I can only find anything about it on Discogs, but it says orange vinyl. The vinyl on mine is more pink/red color. Is this a later pressing? Thanks....here's a pic.

[image]

My orange copy looks a little like that but not as pink, but when you hold to the light its clearly orange

Cool that I am now being suggested as a consultant!

Anyway, I would say that there is every chance that this COULD be one of the first fifty on orange. In my experience, orange isn't the easiest color to mix and sometimes you get a lot of different shades in the same run as the plant try to mix the colour properly. For example, the Orange 9mm 12" on Revelation - there are some on orange, and some on this kind of pinky/salmon type color. Same story with the first One King Down 12" on Equal Vision.

As far as I am aware, the orange sleeve is first press. Blue & pink sleeves are later versions.

I took a photo of my orange one. Both discs are different shades of orange, as you can see:

[image]

Overall though, I think that it is likely you will probably never know whether this is one of the fifty or just a similar color. My guess would be that it is, but that's just a guess.