SH to release ROCKY VOTOLATO / CHAD PRICE 7"

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

We have been talking about putting out a split 7" between Rocky Votolato and Chad Price for some time now and are excited to announce that this idea will soon become reality. Originally intended to be an under the influence 7", it was later suggested that we release a split 7" featuring a track from Chad Price's most recent album, "Smile Sweet Face" as Rocky Votolato is a huge fan of the track, "This Cross". Rocky contributed the original and exclusive track, "Transparent" to round out the split 7". We were set to go as is, but when Rocky was in town, I asked if he would be into covering a song by Chad and having Chad cover a song by Rocky. Both agreed. Rocky recorded a cover of the Drag the River track, "Best & Worst", a song that Chad Price sings from the "Garage Rock" 7" and "Bad at Breaking Up" collection CD. Chad recorded a cover of the Rocky Votolato track, "Silver Trees" from "The Brag and Cuss".

The 7" will be pressed in an edition of 1,000 copies, 500 on transparent blue and all other pressings will be on black vinyl, starting with 500 on black. The 7" will be bundled with an mp3 coupon. We are planning to release the 7" on March 13th, 2010, but if all goes well, we will have copies in hand around the end of February. It is an honor to be doing this split 7". I have been a long time fan of Rocky Votolato and both Chad and Rocky are long time friends.