JACKSONVILLE RECORD STORES

There's other people on here that still live there that can probably help you more than I can, but when I moved away the only one I knew of that was still open was CD Connection. It is on 3rd St. near Jax Beach, and they have an alright selection. Not great, but good to look through. There were a few stores downtown, but I think they closed. Never heard of Vinyl Frontier though.

If you're there on the 3rd, there is a guy I had some classes with who puts on an art show with skate decks, and they have one coming up. Usually really cool stuff.

[image]

Also, I assumed you are referring to Jacksonville, FL

my buddy chad is the one hosting that Im board art show... i think this is the 4th one. last year's was in the basement of the old library and they had a bunch of ramps and rails set with for people to skate. i think it was sponsored by redbull. Its been a great, fun art show.

anyways Vinyl frontier is no longer... well i guess he closed the store but is still selling records out of his house, but i have no idea where that is and that's kinda weird if you ask me.

anyways, CD connection at the beach is a shit hole and really isnt worth you time. they have a small selection on of common records, nothing used and nothing great. I recently tried to sell back a bunch of used punk cds and they were trying to offer me like 50 cents a piece and then turn around and sell used cds for like 8 bucks a pop.

let me know if you need any other info.

Depending on how long you're going to be there and how much you feel like driving, it may be worth your while to take a day trip to Orlando and hit up Park Ave CD's and Rock-n-Roll Heaven.

Park Ave CD's is one of my favorite stores I've ever been to. Rock-n-Roll Heaven is one of those places where you could stumble upon something that's out of print, but they tend to jack up their prices on a lot of "newer" stuff. (For example, they had a first press of LTJ's "Greased" for $60).

Maybe search for stores in St Augustine also. I haven't been up there since I started collecting so I dont know if there are any there.

The guy who used to run Vinyl Frontier and later Weird Wax is putting on a record show at a Best Western on the 6th. I went to one of the last ones he put on, and it was pretty good. Not a lot of recent stuff, but tons of great older records.

I'll see if I can find the address of the place. Other than that, it's worth it to make the drive to Orlando for Park Ave and Rock & Roll Heaven, provided you have the time available to drive down there.

The thing with Rock and Roll Heaven is that it's one of those places that has pretty much one of everything. You don't buy it because its cheap, you buy it because its available.

In my case, I had been trying to find a copy of "Secondhand Daylight" by Magazine for the longest time. I could never find one in a store, and everytime I tried to bid on it on eBay I got sniped at the last minute. I went into Rock and Roll heaven and they had it, so I bought it. It may have cost me 20 bucks, but five years from now when I listen to that record, I'm not going to think "damn, this thing cost me 20 bucks." I'm going to think "Damn, what a great record."

Again, it's just not a place you go looking for a deal.

The guy who used to run Vinyl Frontier and later Weird Wax is putting on a record show at a Best Western on the 6th. I went to one of the last ones he put on, and it was pretty good. Not a lot of recent stuff, but tons of great older records.

yeah i went to the last one. i grabbed some cheap stuff, ill probably go again.

its like 5 bucks to get in and they usually have like 10-15 tables of records, mostly classic rock but i was able to score a few cool punk rock records for decent prices.

The thing with Rock and Roll Heaven is that it's one of those places that has pretty much one of everything. You don't buy it because its cheap, you buy it because its available.

In my case, I had been trying to find a copy of "Secondhand Daylight" by Magazine for the longest time. I could never find one in a store, and everytime I tried to bid on it on eBay I got sniped at the last minute. I went into Rock and Roll heaven and they had it, so I bought it. It may have cost me 20 bucks, but five years from now when I listen to that record, I'm not going to think "damn, this thing cost me 20 bucks." I'm going to think "Damn, what a great record."

Again, it's just not a place you go looking for a deal.

exactly