Sometimes I hate escalating to a Paypal claim...

stefan

I previously had good transactions with a label (not VC) and then not only do I not receive an order but my emails aren't responded to. So I open a Paypal dispute, wait the 20 days for the records show up (and email again) and now I guess I have to file a claim....

... which sucks since I know I will want to order from the label in the future (and have to for good preorders)...

So do I ask for my 25 bucks back and potentially (probably) get my name on a banned list or what?

as long as it isn't me/my label ;)

...i'd say file the claim. Especially with Myspace or other forums where you know they read it...that bugs me too.

Money is money. We've probably all had that happen, it sucks, but fuck it, that's what you use Paypal for...payment protection.

i preordered Bear vs Shark - Right now..... vinyl last january when it came out. i waited two months decided it was time to get ahold of friction about it. emailed the dude, hes like 'oh sure no problem' i wait again.... nothing in the mail. i email him again, this time it takes him a while to get back to me, it says "what was your address again?" so i give the address and there is no reply and again..... NOTHING! so here i sit without the record. ive thought about just paying for it again but i'm in canada and i dont want to deal with the extra shipping.

Is the dispute where you can post messages to one another within paypal? If not, try doing it through there, that way everything is noted and dated in paypal, so it will be easier in the longrun to get your money back if you do escalate it.

Something similar happened to me on ebay. Dude never sent out my record, I emailed a few times, never heard back, did the thing in paypal and he wrote back within 20 minutes...

i preordered Bear vs Shark - Right now..... vinyl last january when it came out. i waited two months decided it was time to get ahold of friction about it. emailed the dude, hes like 'oh sure no problem' i wait again.... nothing in the mail. i email him again, this time it takes him a while to get back to me, it says "what was your address again?" so i give the address and there is no reply and again..... NOTHING! so here i sit without the record. ive thought about just paying for it again but i'm in canada and i dont want to deal with the extra shipping.

I had the same thing happen with the Maps and Atlases 12" but I recieved my first one and it was screened over the tracks and then he pulled the same shit where I sent him my address and never got anything...bums me out b/c I liked that label a lot and thought the dude was rad since I had dealt with him about 3 or 4 times before...

real sketchy guy some of the time. i dont understand it either.

i also preordered the first pressings of the terrorhawk pic disc and terrorhawk regular release before that, and i'd bought the russian circles LP there as well. so i had no reason to expect poor dealings with the label. at all.