The Bronx, Japanther, Mariachi El Bronx US TOUR!!!

bummed. i think i'm gonna try to win tix to Tegan And Sara that night now. i love The Bronx but i've been dying to see Japanther again for years and i think i wanted to see them way more.

from Japanther's facebook:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Due to circumstantial differences, Japanther withdrew from the "BUS TOUR" with The Bronx (L.A.) When asked about the incident, Japanther offered only this bit of advice: "Quit your job and kick it for life!"

from www.thebronxxx.com:

Tour Update

Unfortunately, due to a mistake on our part, Japanther will no longer be with us on our US tour. Our friends from Australia, Violent Soho, will be joining us. Our apologies to Japanther and their/our fans for the screw up. Shit happens.

03 March 2010 at 04:47 PM |

for me, this makes me 1,000,000 times more excited to go to that show...there's no escaping bad opening bands at Subterranean, so now I don't have to sit through Japanther at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone caught a show on this tour yet? What merch does the Bronx have? Any vinyl?

I'm going Thursday in Chicago.

i made it to the show last night in kansas city. they had the mariachi cd, bronx iii cd, shitty future 7"(that was the only vinyl)

they also had a couple bronx shirts and a mariachi shirt.

$30 will also get you the bronx cologne.

Has anyone caught a show on this tour yet? What merch does the Bronx have? Any vinyl?

I'm going Thursday in Chicago.

i made it to the show last night in kansas city. they had the mariachi cd, bronx iii cd, shitty future 7"(that was the only vinyl)

they also had a couple bronx shirts and a mariachi shirt.

$30 will also get you the bronx cologne.

How much was the vinyl?

I spoke quite a bit with brad last night about the band's future. He said this summer they will start recording another mariachi album as well as another bronx album.

As for the vinyl box set, the band has been really busy and are still working out the details. They still want it to happen but aren't sure of when. I mentioned deleted art would be releasing it, but it didnt sound like he knew what i was talking about.

I spoke quite a bit with brad last night about the band's future. He said this summer they will start recording another mariachi album as well as another bronx album.

As for the vinyl box set, the band has been really busy and are still working out the details. They still want it to happen but aren't sure of when. I mentioned deleted art would be releasing it, but it didnt sound like he knew what i was talking about.

So the boxset is in the works?

So the boxset is in the works?

He said they are "pressing the discography"

• 4 weeks later...