why is traditional radio so awful?

Sirius > FM/AM

they do play good shit

At the beginning of Sirius/XM I would've agreed. But now it seems like they've gotten away from a lot of the niche programming that separated it from AM/FM. And a lot of the stations still play the same bands/songs way too often.

I mean, yeah, they're better than AM/FM. But it's still not as good as it could/should be.

yeah they're definitely getting to that point with sirius/xm.

the only channels i see that don't repeat the same songs a bunch are the grateful dead channel, and the bluegrass channel. which are the only channels i need anyways.

I thought of this thread last night....I left campus to go eat some supper and watch LOST and an Uncle Kracker song was playing. After leaving my place and heading back to campus to do some work the same song was on and sure enough it was playing again on my way home.

Two hours...one Uncle Kracker song played three times.

Every time this thread is bumped to the top, the title doesn't show up all the way on the main thinger and I only see "why is traditional rad" and I always think this is some weird thread about me.