Visitor to VC: CHEAP GIRLS and Scotty Bell

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

Cheap Girls and Scotty Bell (2-8-10) - I reached out to Cheap Girls to see if they wanted to stop by the office before their Denver date with Drag the River and they said sure thing. They stopped in around 6pm and my offer of beer was welcomed by the Michigan 3 piece. Scotty Bell of Bermuda Mohawk is on tour with Cheap Girls helping tour manage and sell merch. Ian from Cheap Girls works at a liquor store that specializes in craft beer so we nerded out over beer. We actually took a really cool picture of the guys holding their records in front of our "Is This Good For the Company" sign, but someone in the office (not saying who) deleted it. Oh well. Not only are Cheap Girls a spectacular band, they are all good folks. We talked about music, the midwest, Paper and Plastick, and touring with Drag the River. I am really excited that both bands are touring together. The Denver date was absolutely amazing. Cheap Girls completely rocked it and while watching them, I thought about how they really need to tour with Ninja Gun as both bands are kindred spirits. If you see Cheap Girls on this next tour, ask Ian about how drunk he got in Denver. I take some of the blame as I fed him beer before their set and introduced him to Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey right after Jon Snodgrass gave him a shot. Let's just say that he lost his phone at the end of the night, someone gave it to me because my number was one of the last ones called, and we ended up having to track him down to get him the phone. Good times were had. Thanks guys for rocking Denver and being so damn cool. Looking forward to the next time.

Aren't they supposed to be doing a track for an upcoming UTI??

it's already recorded and it is great, but the Loved Ones still have not recorded their half. I have been bugging Dave, but not sure yet when he will record.