near death experiences

adammuzzy

so, a few hours ago i was driving on the highway. i was in the right lane, of two lanes, going about 65-70mph. i looked down for a second, and when i looked up, the box truck in front of me was slamming on his breaks to let a car that was merging onto the highway go in front of him. i decided that there was no way i would be able to stop in time, due to the wet/slushy road conditions, so in a split second decision, i looked in my left mirror, saw that i had enough room, put on my blinker, and went into that lane. apparently, the van that was on my left was going much faster than i expected, and as i went into the lane, the back probably 2-3 inches of my truck his the front 2-3 inches of his van.

immediately was sent into a ridiculous fish-tale, probably like 45 degrees from the direction i was driving. normally, i love sliding around on roads, but doing 65-70 is a little bit of a different situation. i cut the wheel to the right and had the truck pretty much straight, then the ass-end started sliding the other way. i cut the wheel hard the other way, and pulled it straight about a 10th of a second before i would've smashed into the guardrail, which would've left me sideways, with countless cars coming up behind me doing the same speed.

any number of things could've happened, but i guess i'm lucky that i was able to pull the shit straight before anything really bad did.

not gonna lie, i'm pretty happy i didn't die.

post times you almost died!

there is like a 3 inch scratch on the back left corner on the paint, and another scratch about the same size a few inches below it on the bumper.

the front bumper of his van had like a quarter sized dent in it, and one super tiny scratch that could've even been there before i hit him.

if you were to look at the two vehicles, you'd think that i was going like half a mile per hour, but just that much contact while going 65 on a wet road can send your shit all over the place, pretty nuts. didn't help the fact either that i was in a truck with an 8 foot bed with nothing in the back. the ass-end of that thing slides all over the place no matter what.

One time when i was little i was playing in some park in the apartments i live in.

I was minding my own business, when i heard someone yell, "hey look out"

Next thing i know i feel my jaw go crooked and felt woozy.

I was hit in the head with a sharp rock. i just looked having not felt the pain yet and saw the kid run off. Started crying stumbled home and my mom freaked out. She was panicking then i passed out. Next thing i know i wake up and dargon ball z is on and i have ice taped top my head.(you figure she wouldh ave taken me to the er) anyways, i didnt have to get stiches,but i do have a bald spot on the frontal left part of my head and the kid came to my house to apologize.

One time when i was little i was playing in some park in the apartments i live in.

I was minding my own business, when i heard someone yell, "hey look out"

Next thing i know i feel my jaw go crooked and felt woozy.

I was hit in the head with a sharp rock. i just looked having not felt the pain yet and saw the kid run off. Started crying stumbled home and my mom freaked out. She was panicking then i passed out. Next thing i know i wake up and dargon ball z is on and i have ice taped top my head.(you figure she wouldh ave taken me to the er) anyways, i didnt have to get stiches,but i do have a bald spot on the frontal left part of my head and the kid came to my house to apologize.

I legitimately mean this: cool story bro.