Mastodon - Crack The Skye - Red / Gold SPLATTER

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own the Red / Gold splatter, I purchased it last year on The End Records online along with High On Fire's Snakes for the divine, as they were the only ones who were offering this release.

I remember I was surprised when I received it and saw the color, because on the description it didnẗ say anything about the color so I was expecting black.

By the way, I think it sounds pretty good

If anyone wants to attempt to get color they can get it from FYE online: http://www.fye.com/Crack-the-Skye--Limited-Edition--Front-Page_stcVVproductId140082329VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

That one is labeled as "limited edition" and there's the regular version for a buck cheaper. They have different UPCs.

If anyone wants to attempt to get color they can get it from FYE online: http://www.fye.com/Crack-the-Skye--Limited-Edition--Front-Page_stcVVproductId140082329VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

That one is labeled as "limited edition" and there's the regular version for a buck cheaper. They have different UPCs.

I ordered one of each last week and they were both black.

I noticed one of my local stores had about 4 copies of the single LP CTS and I started looking for any differences in the packaging. 3 were exactly the same but one had a different barcode sticker on the back (same number, just different shaped sticker). I bought that one and it turned out to be the green splatter copy. Very stoked to get it. I already own the 2LP but I'm starting to become a nerd about buying Mastodon variants. Another thing to note is the hype sticker was near the bottom of the jacket. All 3 others had the hype sticker towards the top.

Can someone post a picture of the barcode sticker on the red splatter copy?

There isn't a hype sticker on my copy either, but the one I did buy at Sam Goody/FYE specifies that it is red&green on the white label on the top right corner. Here is a picture, you just can't make out the words, sorry. Oh, also the barcode # is 9362497551 9 if that helps any.

[image]

[image]

There isn't a hype sticker on my copy either, but the one I did buy at Sam Goody/FYE specifies that it is red&green on the white label on the top right corner. Here is a picture, you just can't make out the words, sorry. Oh, also the barcode # is 9362497551 9 if that helps any.

[image]

[image]

That's the same exact barcode sticker that my green copy had. All the other copies at my shop had a short, fat bar code sticker.

By the way, I'm sure the hype sticker being at the bottom is no indication of a colored copy or not. Just figured that I'd point it out anyway. Lastly, I'm guessing there's plenty of both tour colors since so many of these "tour" copies have shown up in stores.