NIGHT BIRDS 7" out now GRAVE MISTAKE / DIRTNAP!

GRAVE MISTAKE RECORDS UPDATE!!!

APRIL 2, 2010

[image]

NEW RELEASE! Night Birds "S/T" 7" (GRAVE040) OUT NOW!!!!

For the third Grave Mistake release of 2010, I couldn't be more thrilled to announce that the debut 7" EP from New Jersey's NIGHT BIRDS is now available! Comprised of members of The Ergs, Psyched to Die, Hunchback, and a slew of other New Jersey bands, NIGHT BIRDS deliver five tracks of killer southern California influenced hardcore punk peppered nicely with some wicked surf guitar licks, and topped with just the right amount of melody ... so if bands like JFA, Agent Orange, and Adolescents are up your alley, you should probably pick this 7" up! This EP delivers up four catchy little rippers and closes with an awesome surf-punk-esque instrumental. All around a wonderful record and I'm honored to be a part of it!

You can order the record here in the GRAVE MISTAKE WEBSTORE: www.gravemistakerecords.com/catalog

You can check out the track PROGNOSIS: NEGATIVE from the 7" here: http://www.myspace.com/nghtbrds

For the first press, the band wanted to do something a little different and make their own sleeves ... so they went ahead and made the full layout into five individual rubber stamps, then proceeded to stamp all of the sleeves by hand. There are 500 of these ... so with 5 stamps, well you can do the math on that one. Needless to say each sleeve looks different and each one looks awesome in it's own way. These records will start shipping on Tuesday, April 6th

This release is a split with the one and only Dirtnap Records (www.dirtnaprecs.com) which is easily one of my favorite labels, so it was a pleasure to be able to share this release with them. Each label has 200 copies of this release (also available at www.greennoiserecords.com)... maybe a few other distros will get copies but for now this version is only available through our labels and the band. Second press with printed sleeves will be available shortly as well, so distros and labels please get in touch for wholesale orders or trades!

Also if you missed it a few weeks ago, THE ERGS "THRASH COMPACTOR" 7" is also now available! I spent the first half of this week packaging up and and mailing out all of the preorders, so thanks to everyone who preordered and thanks for your patience. The record is still available (although the red vinyl is long gone) so grab that if you haven't yet!

In other news, I'll be at Macrock (www.macrock.org) in Harrisonburg, VA this Friday and Saturday. I'll be tabling for GRAVE MISTAKE and for the INDEPENDENT LABEL COLLECTIVE ... I'll have the new releases plus some other fun stuff so if you plan on being there stop by and say hi!

In other release news, DEEP SLEEP are almost finished mixing their LP and THE LADIES just finished recording their new 7" as well! More news on those later, but I'm excited to get started on them and can't wait for them to be out!

That's all for now ... thanks for reading and feel free to get in touch for anything!!!

Alex / GRAVE MISTAKE RECORDS

www.gravemistakerecords.com

[email protected]

www.myspace.com/gravemistakerecords

www.twitter.com/gravemistakerex

Please tell me "prognosis: negative" is a Seinfeld reference.

I can't think of any other type of reference this could be. It's awesome!

Also, there's a Night Birds single on Art Of The Underground too (part of the singles series).

http://www.artoftheunderground.com/single-series.php

And if you buy the Art Of The Underground single from the band it has a different cover than the standard AOTU singles series cover.

• 2 weeks later...
The band copy, or the label?

the label and band both sold their copies out. However, i did just see this distro had some... http://www.craftyrecords.net/distro.cfm

We (the band) are also sold out of our copies of the "s/t" 7" w/ the stamped sleeve. if you want one of those go to...

www.gravemistakerecords.com

www.dirtnaprecs.com

I'm pretty sure they should both have some left.

You can find it online. I got mine in the mail the other day.

Where did you find one?

We def dont have anymore, sorry. I think our bass player even sold his own personal copy. the only place i found that had regular copies i put the link to above.

Also, does none more black have seinfeld references in their songs? If so, that is cool. Please post said references. Every band should.